Dimensional Chess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unveiling the Storm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Robless
Admin

Male Posts : 336

Unveiling the Storm Empty
PostSubject: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 9:56 pm

The Leviathan blinked into the Interdimension. The space lanes were unusually quiet.

"Something's not right."
Back to top Go down
https://dimensionalchess.rpg-board.net
Archelaus
Command Sergeant Major
Archelaus

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 1:27 pm

Fire that left no light.
Burning without any radiance.
Shadows...
Shadows in the deep.

Archelaus paused, suddenly affronted by an external force beyond the battle which was raging inside him to keep his Neiede happy. Archelaus frowned to himself. Or safe. Or at least sane.
He almost didn't pay attention to what his senses were telling him.

Life reduced to blackened carbon
To soulless ash
From despair comes fear
And from fear comes anguish

Almost.

Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

Male Posts : 278

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 2:40 pm

Krakot paced uneasily around the ship. There was something..... off. Even though he had warned the leaders of the planned invasion here, they should have been too late. Under any other circumstance it would have been a relief to know you arrived first, however, Vabin never let a slip up like that happen. Vabin, while not in command himself had far more strategical strength than Verax. Luna was running an analysis over what could be happening.
"Though of anything yet?" Krakot thought to her, instead of words, all he got was the feeling of declination. "Well keep going, we have to-!" He stopped mid-thought as they realized something. Krakot had forgotten to disable the IFF installed in him. In that flash of realization they deleted the IFF from his system, but too late.
"I detect three javelin-class fighters inbound." Luna informed Krakot.
"Javelins? Is Verax really that desperate for a victory here? He's deployed his experimental ship designs?"
"I guess so. Even with the Leviathan's stealth, because of our oversight, we allowed them to find us."
"It shouldn't be too hard to get rid of them, because they fit in power cores triple the safe size for fighters and they overclocked their weapon systems, they have little shield strength or hull integrity."
"But the harkins lasers could be problems. It appears Verax managed to get the beams to converge instead of scatter, and the fact they have those over sized cores they have superior maneuverability."
"We don't have time for this! Contact Robless!"

---

Zero materialized next to Zyria, and was intensely focused on Caz, the orbs in his eye sockets went from red to black as the eye sockets themselves narrowed. Unlike all his other random pop-in's, he kept his voice low and level as not to disturb Caz.
"Hello, yes I just appeared out of thin air, don't ask, name's Zero, so nice to meet you Ms. Zyria, Plutonians are so interesting and- darn it not now arm!" And as his left arm jumped off his body, his right quickly caught it. He brought it up to his face and smacked his hand with his face before plunging the arm back into it's socket. "Ah, that's better. But anyways, it's such a shame, isn't it? One of the last Kazesqui, and because of you, he won't accept his Neiede. Or... is that a good thing? What do you think, Ms. Zyria?"
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

Female Posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:10 pm

Zyria turns as Zero materializes, not really surprised (teleporting, pshh, what's shocking about that?), but nods in acknowledgement as he introduces himself. As he talks about Caz denying his Neiede, she drops her head to rest on her hand.

"Well, for one, a pleasure to meet you, Zero. I thank you for the compliment about Plutonians, and whatnot."

"-sigh- And yes, I've thought about Caz and his Neiede for a while, almost since we've met, which isn't really a large amount of time. But a lot of thinking can be done in a short time."

"You don't have to worry about staying quiet, he won't react to anything, loud or silent. I want to be mad at him about this, but I can't for far too many reasons. He's already losing so much, by making this choice, and his Neiede despises him now, my being angry at him wouldn't help any of that."

"While I'm refusing to be angry, I can't stop myself from being....offended. Or, maybe the word's disappointed. He's made the one choice that hurts everyone, including himself. I told him, and told him, that I knew he'd have to be with his Neiede at some point. I would get past it, or learn to deal with it. He wants to protect me, and I'm not in need of protection that pains others. Sure, it would hurt, but it's not something he should avoid. And if this is something that he wants, then it's his choice, I suppose. Not one that I would encourage, but his choice nonetheless."

"If I could, I'd renew the bond between them myself. I'd hate it, but I'd do it for Caz and his people. His Neiede, oh, that poor man. I want to talk to him, but he's blinded by his anger. I understand him being angry at Caz; /I/ should be angry at Caz. But he wants me dead, too. If we could talk, calmly, we could see what we can do together to help Caz. -sigh- I don't even know his name."
Back to top Go down
http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm

Zero laughed a little. "You might be able to get over it eventually.... but he would not. Do you know that if he had never met you he would be happy right now. Completed, by his Neiede. But that is impossible now, because of you. Because of your very exsistence, his 'Neiede' isn't even that any more. Ma'at will never fulfill this bond." He paused then realized something.

"Oh, I'm sorry if that is hurtful or offensive or blah blah blah. But I need to get to the point now." He grinned evily. "What if I told you... that someone... someone else could become his Neiede... someone... perhaps... not Alteriian?"
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

Zyria glances at Zero, her expression unchanging. "What is the past is the past. I cannot undo something that has already happened. It's not like I nor Caz expected this when we saved each other's lives after those first fights. And Neiede bonds can be repaired, Archelaus and Eris are proof of that."

"And don't concern yourself about insulting or hurting me. I've dealt with worse from Robless, Twintongue, and Verax." Zyria sighs at that thought, then looks back to Zero, slightly interested. "While I doubt any other choices you think you have for me, I'm always interested in learning new things. How can someone change Neiedes, exactly? I would think ancient species as those two would have no exceptions."
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

(I'm not making this up as I go along, Archelaus okay'd this, and if he wants to change anything here, he is free)

Zero stood up. "I'm glad you like learning, but anyways.... it is... theoretically possibly, for a Kazesqui, Alteriian, or Plutonian to take the place of a Neiede if the bond is broken. Because this has only happened twice, a bond willingly severed I mean, this has never been thoroughly studied or explored. If an originally NegaDimension race were to enter the one of the Neiede's gray worlds, and both were fully committed to the decision, it is possible to create a new Neiede to someone else, dissolving the original." He hoped this sounded interesting... and not like he was out of his mind, which, he was but that was besides the point.

"This idea has been scoffed at for two good reasons; one, the Neiede is a sacred bond, and Caz is the only being ever, so far, to break it out of contempt for the partner. Also, I find it highly doubtful that this particular connection would ever be reconnected, because Ma'at does not complete Caz anymore, therefore, it's not a true Neiede relationship. But... do you think YOU would satisfy this bond? If you honestly believe you could become Caz's Neiede, if you had been born as an Alteriian, then there might just be a chance."

"You would have to somehow enter Caz's, well, I don't know, soul, mind, spirit, conscience, you would have to enter into Caz's immaterial being and both sacrifice much energy to make a new connection. Because I've never done this, this is all speculation, but I think if you two would be each other's Neiedes, then the connection is made, if not, you, since you're not even meant to be able to have this connection, would probably die."

"Aren't you only still living artificially? If so, then even attempting this might kill you.... but if it succeeds..... never mind. I don't want to assume anymore. SO!" He jumped up and put his weird skull face right in front of Zyria's.

"Do you want to take the safe path, where you let this all settle out? OR do you want to take a risk, and maybe set everything on the right path? I would make a decision... hm... maybe within the next few hours. After that, I think there'll be too much of a EPIC WAR SEQUENCE to follow through with anything!" He stood up, and walked towards the door.

"Some might think the conclusion of this story is fast approaching, but believe me, after saving Eris-Tam, this universe is destined to descend into greater chaos. I would suggest also helping out on Pluto, Verax heavily assaulted Charon not too terribly long ago, and your race might just be what tips the scales in your favor if this Voyage ends badly. Also, a little tip before I go, might just help you save a few thousand lives today."

"Think... pressure vessel." And with that, he kicked down the door, strut out, turned around, and in a flash reinstalled the door.
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 4:23 pm

[All righty, Archelaus okay-ed it, what about Eris-Tam? It DOES have to do with one of her characters Razz I get that it's more Zyria's choice, but I don't know what she was planning for Caz]
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

Female Posts : 574

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 10:21 am

[I had no plans, so if you want to, go ahead! The only other person you'd have to ask is Catastrophe (Ma'at's rper).]
Back to top Go down
Archelaus
Command Sergeant Major
Archelaus

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 12:18 pm

OFC

(I had a different original interpretation of the Neiede relationship, but since we're not really use that anyway...
why not make the story-line more fun?
My line of reasoning, anyway...)
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 7:44 pm

Robless paced back and forth on the bridge, walking slowly and assessing the work of the crew. The Interdimension nebula clouded the front holo-screen in red, but the ship's powerful sensors could pick out targets easily even in this usually dangerous phenomenon. It was quiet, as usual, crew members communicating reports quietly to each other, with routine announcements over the intercom.

"Three hostile fighters approaching. Their specifications don't match any known ship designs of the dimensional leaders. Looks like Verax sent us a welcome party. They don't know what our ship is, but something is leading them to us."

The commander paused on the deck and considered the situation. He knew Verax was likely capable of breaking into the interdimension, but to locate this cloaked ship in the nebula was impossible. Robless knew there was only one person who could get this inside information.

Krakot. Something told him they wouldn't backstab him, but he had to find out regardless. His boots resounded on the metal floor as he exited the bridge, taking the lift elevator down to the deployment bay.

"General Krakot! What's going on?"
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 2:35 pm

"We've got experimental fighters inbound! I.... made a mistake. I forgot to disable my active IFF! I was a living beacon. It's off now, but these fighters already have a lock on our position." Krakot said walking hastily towards Robless. As he got close, Luna popped up.

"These are newly developed Javelins. A class of fighters made exactly for Verax's fighting style. They have almost no shield strength, but they're weapons and engines are several times stronger than any other ship that size. Taking them out quickly is key." Krakot looked over at her then turned back to the commander.

"They're made to be expendable but destructive. With your crew's skill and the Leviathan's engines, I think it shouldn't be too difficult. Should we come with- Luna, what's-?" Luna's eye's widened.

"They're far faster than predicted, enemy Javelins will intercept in approximately thirty seconds."

"Then lets move! Lead the way Robless." Krakot had that same fury and pride in his voice that he did when assaulting the 10th, the will that would cripple or destroy the enemy, no matter how things were going.
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

The crewmen in gunnery were already preparing to fire on the fighters.

"They're too fast for the main railguns. Load the particle blasters and fire at will."

The fast-tracking blasters had plenty of short-range firepower and would make quick work of these lightly-shielded fighters. They didn't worry about the Leviathan's shields failing; it was battlecruiser-sized and could probably absorb the fighters even if they decided to crash directly into the ship, weapons blazing.

"Lead fighter locked on. Opening fire."

The weapons utilized the powerful sensors that originally picked out the fighters to maintain a good track and lead on the target. They glowed bright blue before depositing their rounds straight through the fighter, leaving scorched circuits and melted reactors behind as their target spiraled into nothing.

The next shot knocked out the engines of the second fighter, its android pilot looking up for a moment as a brilliant flash of light blinded its visual sensors and reduced the cockpit to slag.

"Beautiful. Two hostiles down, take down the last one."

The last Javelin had already closed to combat range and fired its heavy lasers, rippling the Leviathan's shields as if it took a direct hit from a ship a class bigger than the fighter, surprising the crewmates but nonetheless, it was but a scratch for the improved shields.

"Blasters charged. Last volley in three."

Blasters were primed and ready to fire. In the two seconds it took for the heat to dispel from the barrels, the fighter was basically vaporized as one of the shots overloaded the already over-capacity reactor of the badly-designed ship.

"I say we passed those real combat trials."

"Wait a minute, full flight of twenty-four or so fighters on scanners. Sir, what do we do?"

-~-

A black ship with red accents emerged from warp, its crew silent. The shape of it was much straighter and more angular than Verax's ships, yet it wasn't the same as the Stalker ship designs that would be common in the interdimension. Its crew worked as a well-oiled machine, rarely needing to communicate as they sped in to save the vessel in distress.

The ship was designated as an anti-fighter cruiser, loaded with numerous high-powered rapid-fire pulse lasers that could rip an entire swarm of fighters to pieces. Their main objective was to communicate with the VIP's aboard the besieged ship, but it would do them no good if they simply sat here while the ship had to deal with repairs from the unavoidable damage.

Electronic signals flowed through the ship to the lasers, which in turn locked onto the unsuspecting fighters. The dead-silent crew did not celebrate or react at all to the fact that twelve fighters and their pilots were melted alive or left to suffocate in space.
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 5:32 pm

Robless looked up, surprised that some other ship had warped in to help them. Then he remembered that the Acropolis had high-grade sensors that scoured much of the empty interdimension. Maybe the Separatists had sent help, however unlikely.

He didn't have much time to think about it as one of the senior officers walked up to him. Robless assumed it was a battle report initially, but the man handed him a holographic tablet with an encryption key.

"Sir, the other ship is trying to send us a transmission. I advise you to go to the comms room immediately."

"I'm on my way, officer."

-~-

"Greetings Commander Robless."

There was an unfamiliar figure sitting in a heavy, black suit of armor. The room was completely dark and only the slight red aura it gave off defined the shape of the strange man. He was sitting in a chair in front of a panel of screens through which he communicated to Robless.

"Many thanks for your assistance, but who are you exactly?"

"Not who you were expecting? I apologize for not introducing myself. I am Arch-General Verize, leader of the Order. Your...Acropolis, as I believe it was called, is now under my control. Your people are perfectly safe under my martial law. I know you seek the support of the Separatists, but they are under my jurisdiction as well. However, I want to make a deal with you."

Robless considered his request, but given what he'd done, there was no more negotiating.

"I cannot make a deal with an enemy like this."

Verize was far too powerful for him to engage head on. He had seized the Acropolis with minimal resistance, and has a large enough military to suppress the Stalkers like animals.

"Well. I knew it would come to this. I will leave you now, Robless, but I am not done with the dimensions yet."

The screen flicked off. Robless leaned back in his chair and let out a sigh of frustration. A mission failed, and now they had an enemy possibly more powerful than Verax. It was almost too much to take.

"Commander, I see you're finished. What are your new orders?"

"Take us to Crenel. We're done here."

(Excuse the crappy character introduction post. Continue to post here until we have enough people available to start the Battle for Crenel, and then we'll move on.)
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 8:09 pm

Robless stood up and walked out of the dark virtual communications room. His eyes adjusted to the light as his boots clanked against the metal floor on the way to the bridge. The Battle of Crenel was not going to be easy, and he knew that saving Aurora would be even more difficult.

The chief navigator turned around to face Robless as the bulkhead to the bridge opened. It shut behind him and the navigator only uttered three words.

"Are we ready?"

No, Robless thought, We aren't ready.

"Inform our fleets to begin their assault immediately. Start up our warp drives and be ready to go on my mark."

(I'll open up the Battle of Crenel with the initial fleet battle, and we'll move straight to our characters following that.)
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 8:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling the Storm   Unveiling the Storm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unveiling the Storm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dimensional Chess :: Roleplay :: 1st Arc :: Interdimension RP-
Jump to: