Dimensional Chess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mars Mission

Go down 
+5
Verax
Archelaus
Zyria
Eris-Tam
Robless
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Klyde
Private First Class
Klyde

Male Posts : 26

Mars Mission - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 8:11 pm

(Sorry bout that, so anyways are we?)
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

Female Posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 8:14 pm

[Klyde, I didn't realize I lost connection to the chat, look back at it]
Back to top Go down
http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Robless
Admin

Male Posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 9:14 pm

(Sorry guys, I was busy with friends the last seven hours of my life. Razz )

Robless looked up in surprise at the quick response time of the robot's owner. He was not at all as Robless had suspected. A mechanical boy, as it seemed, although age is not exactly relevant to the condition that he appeared to them. The boy's name was Dreston, upon inspecting an inscription on some of the plating. He also did not speak, but preferred to rely on the text communication that Robless had communicated to him with. Robless quickly formed a response.

>About eight of us in total. I will return in a moment, let me wake my friends.

Robless peeked into the shuttle again. "Guys, we've got a guest. Wake up, he might be able to help us on our journey." Moving through the passenger bay, he helped everyone wake up and prepare themselves to meet this mechanical boy.
Back to top Go down
https://dimensionalchess.rpg-board.net
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 9:52 pm

-With Caz moving as he woke up [Yes, I know it doesn't say that anywhere, but with Zyria telling him to sleep, he's gonna be asleep ], Zyria bolts awake. Robless wouldn't wake them all up for no reason, so Zyria immediately peeks out the entrance, looking for either an ally or an enemy. When she sees the mechanical boy, she forgets about being wary. The scientist side of her emerges as she takes in all the physical traits.- "This design....I..I've only read about this...my dear boy..Oh, well, I suppose I shouldn't say that. You're older than I, than even Boggs! Oh! I-I'm so sorry! If you've survived this long, it must not have been around many humanoids, I shouldn't be so forward. It's very intriguing, though! These designs, I've never seen anything like you in person. All I've ever had is this," -Zyria pulls out a chain around her neck, holding a clockwork piece.- "A gift from my Second. He used to work with clockwork machines, invent them, all that. He never let me see, of course, because I was so young. Plus, I would prefer to invent living things. Oh, there I go again, rambling away! This is what I turn into when I'm intrigued by new things, a klutzy, rambling, no-good scientist!" -Zyria, looking a little ashamed, glances at Caz. She then fans herself with her hand, completely worked up over what everyone else just saw as a robot boy.-

Last edited by Zyria on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

[^ See? I was in Dimensional Chess withdrawal.]
Back to top Go down
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
Dreston Turn

Male Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:45 am

(Hahaha! That's a great post, Dreston will have no idea how to respond. XD)

Dreston was taken aback. This fleshy-type seemed honestly interested in his workings, in him. She seemed... intrigued. And excited. That was something the fleshy-types had never been, not towards him. They were mostly disapproving, demanding, insistant.

>What is her name?

He directed the question at Robless' device, knowing that his communication were open. While he waited for him to relay the answer, either vocally or written, he looked at Zyria with as much curiosity as she had shown for him.

>She is not like other organics I've met. Tell her that.

Upon closer inspection, Zyria would have noticed that his structure was not very sturdy; it served him well in terms of precise movements, but would not hold up to attacks or extreme pressure. In fact, he looked delicate.

>You should not stay here overnight. The wyrms will come soon. You're lucky I found you before them.
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 1:58 pm

>This is Zyria. The leader of the Plutonians.

He typed a response to Dreston while he motioned to Zyria. "He thinks you're a lot different than the other organics he's met." Robless wasn't sure Zyria had heard him. She was still deeply examining Dreston's structure. It wouldn't make much difference whether she heard him or not, Robless was certain that Zyria already knew this much. His mind drifted back to the threat of wyrms.

>Wyrms? Whatever they are, it seems to be dangerous. Let me wake the others so we can get out of here.

Robless knelt down into the shuttle and told everyone that was still inside that they needed to move out. He said that he'd made contact with someone that could help them, and that this new friend warned them of the dangers of being out on a Martian night. "Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 2:23 pm

Zyria's Post:

-Zyria turns to Robless when he speaks.- "You...you can talk to him???? So you speak through messaging? I guess you wouldn't have a reason to build a voice box..." -then Zyria fully realizes what Robless says, and she blushes a little at the compliment.- "Well, thank you. Yes, yes I do consider myself a little...off, compared to others. Well, anyway, if that's how you talk..." -Zyria pulls out her messaging device, and turns it on.- "I would love to talk to you about your workings. how you've survived so long, if you don't mind..."
Back to top Go down
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
Dreston Turn

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 5:38 pm

Dreston shrugs, and though he can't physically blush he has the same feeling.

>Sure. I do not mind. What would you like to know?

(sorry, really short, idk what to post.)
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 6:38 pm

[XD Well, for one, we should all leave that area. After giving such threatening warnings, we should probably go. If someone would post something that interrupts Dreston and Zyria, we can go, and that conversation on the way, or something.]
Back to top Go down
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
Dreston Turn

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 7:21 pm

(Oh, yeah, I guess that would have been better. Sorry, I was a little scattered earlier. It seems like no one's been on... should I edit?)
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 7:21 pm

(I'll post something. Razz )

Something rumbled off in the distance. Robless tensed up at the sound. "Must be those wyrms Dreston mentioned. We need to get moving if we're going to survive this night."

He stepped back outside to see Zyria examining Dreston. Another rumble shook the ground. "Zyria, I think your examinations will have to wait for now. Do you have a safe place we can go for the night, Dreston? We're a big group of people, but as you've told me, we're as good as dead with those desert wyrms prowling about."

The rumbling seemed to grow closer with each passing minute, and the wyrms would consume them for sure if they did not leave within the hour.
Back to top Go down
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
Dreston Turn

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 7:30 pm

(Alrighty, that works.)

Dreston nodded. Robless was right, Dreston could tell that the wyrms were getting close. He looked at the group for a moment, at the same time calling the beetle he had already sent their way to the surface. Moments later it appeared, drilling up out of the sand, and coming to a halt right next to the ship. It was large enough to fit the group, but smaller and more compact than the shuttle. Its door opens, reavealing that the technology is a patchwork of salvage and spare parts. Dreston steps into it, motioning for the others to do the same, sending a message to their communications devices.

>This will get us all to safety. We won't head straight for Olympus Mons, we'll stay in my home for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 7:50 pm

[Please, everyone online. Join the chat. Those that actually want to talk can talk, everyone on Fb is absolutely useless -_-]
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:01 pm

-What an opportunity! Meeting a clockwork boy, getting permission to learn about his workings, his experiences, and then going to his home! Zyria is buzzing with energy, even Caz's hand in hers is slightly paled behind the chance of a lifetime. Every few minutes, she squeezes his hand, which has probably begun to irritate him, but obviously she won't let go. She looks to Dreston, wanting to ask something, but not wanting to be too forward.- "Um, Dreston? I've begun to notice that....erm...you're sort of...delicate. Not to mean offense, of course! Your structure is amazing! But...what if you're forced to violence at some point? You wouldn't last a second. Do you think, when we arrive at your home, you could allow me to help modify you, while we're discussing your design? I wouldn't damage anything, of course! I'm a fast learner, and could possibly use new designs my team and I have found...But, of course, if you'd rather not...erm..." -Zyria, as usual, is unable to properly speak her mind, for fear of saying the wrong thing.-
Back to top Go down
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
Dreston Turn

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:21 pm

Dreston considers her words, then says (er, writes, er, thinks),

>My exterior is as it was originally constructed, except for a few things. I've changed and modified the rest, but the exterior and the structure...

He paused, thinking about why he hadn't yet changed it.

>In a way, it reminds me of my past and my creator.

As the rest of the stranded leaders board the beetle, Dreston absently orders the door to close and the beetle to begin the journey back underground. Surprisingly, there are hardly any bumps or jolts to the beetle, it travels with great smoothness. Also absently, he orders some of his rats and uprights forward to the ship to scrap what useful items they can find. He turns back to Zyria.

>I would not be opposed to hearing possible additions to improve it, but there is another reason that I have not bothered to change my framework. I've never needed it. My creations are sturdier; they usually suffice to protect me.

A pause, and then:

>I also do not come to the surface much, and my home is completely protected...
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:35 pm

-Zyria nods, completely understanding.- "Many good reasons to not change anything. I suppose you will stay at your home, and just point us in the right direction, then, after tonight? Hmm, I worry, though. What if, however millennia in the future, something similar happens, or you're forced from your home?" -Zyria shakes her head, to clear it of such terrible ideas.- "Well, I will tell you about any modification ideas I have, but whether or not you agree to them, I ask to use any spare parts you have to make some attachable armor. That way, you'll have the choice, and it'll make me feel better than I would if I left you without any defenses." -Zyria's jaw is set, and she is determined to help in any way she can. Something distracts her, though.- "So, you keep the original structure to remind you of your creator? Was your creator kind? If he or she was, then I would think you wouldn't be this...alone...Unless, you really are older than I believe, and all family and future generations have long gone..." -Zyria suddenly realizes she's gone too far.- "Oh! Jeez, that was too much, I'm sorry. I talk with you for minutes, and I think that I have a right to everything, and after you've been so open and kind to us..."
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:37 pm

[Oh, and you all failed. So far, other than my chat lines, there's been maybe four msges. We really need to start using it, so it would be nice if everyone would listen to me, and not just partially acknowledge this. -sigh-]
Back to top Go down
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
Dreston Turn

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:48 pm

Dreston only shrugs. He thinks about it, but it doesn't really matter to him whether or not people know about him, other than when it threatens his safety. But Dreston didn't feel threatened.

>It's alright. My creator... was not exactly kind, no. He was simply all I had. I am, most likely, much older than you think, as you say. He had no family though, no future generations. I learned how to build like I do from him.
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:56 pm

-Zyria nods again, knowing what Dreston means.- "...Well, there's always a benefit to hard times. Ha, I should know."
Back to top Go down
Archelaus
Command Sergeant Major
Archelaus

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2012, 12:31 pm

(Going back to when Verax left)

Verax's mind attack caught Archelaus slightly off-guard. Naturally The High Druid would always have defenses around his mind, even while asleep, but he was not expecting Verax to attempt to go toe-to-toe with him. Archelaus was the stronger, in the use of the mind. Torture and brainwashing always reduced the higher mechanics of ones' mind... but perhaps the circumstances with Verax were different...
Perhaps Verax was hoping Archelaus would make a stupid mistake?
No. Verax would know that the Alteriian Leader would have subconscious defenses.

"There must be some other purpose for the attack..." thought Archelaus haphazardly...

Archelaus quickly buffed Verax's mind with his own powers... though he could win... that did not mean it would be easy. The effort was akin to picking up a sofa, or a table, and carrying it outside. You know you are strong enough, but it is difficult nonetheless.

However, it was easier than Archelaus expected. Verax was doing something... searching through his mind...
"What could he possibly be doing?!" he thought, still straining mentally to push him out, even as he diverted some of his power to root out the rest of Verax's conciousness.

Then he realized the objective.

"He's going after Aurora's location..."

Suffice to say,
The Alteriian was not very happy. Not very happy at all...

With a blood-boiling cry of rage, Archelaus mentally picked up Verax and threw him like a rag doll, forcing him to retreat in an un-conditional surrender.

Even as Verax spoke, Archelaus did not recognize his words, has he threw his being into taming the anger and violence inside of Verax, hoping to cage him. To FORCE him down.
The fight hurt... but not as much as losing Aurora would hurt.
That. Could not happen. Not for the universe was Archelaus going to let anything hurt her. He was her Neiede, and he was strong. Not perfect, not a solution,
But since when has love ever been perfect?
Love is a struggle, but Archelaus knew how to fight.

The mental bulwarks of the Verax were close to buckling, Archelaus knew it...
The huge Alteriia stepped forward, physically capping on his slight victories.
Verax was struggling, but he was not concerned... even as Archelaus forced him to one knee under the weight of his fiery attack.

But Verax was cunning and wise. He slipped and he dodged, he hid and he counter attacked from the dark, never facing Archelaus directly... always a warrior of the shadow and of deception... Archelaus could crush him when he caught him, but he was not easy to catch.
The mental battle raged on for what seemed like days, even though in reality the fight lasted aprox. 45 seconds.
But then, suddenly, Verax formed a rift, and stepped out of their dimension entirely.

The Alteriian cursed silently.

So focused was he on Verax, that Archelaus did not realize Cassus was speaking to the group... but grimly he followed...

As they reached the broken shuttle, Archelaus stopped, looking upwards to the night sky, and the three moons that almost blocked out the stars.
He sent the words of the Rolxan to the sky, knowing that Aurora could not hear them, but hoping she heard his hearts through their link anyway.

"Aurora..."

Archelaus was planning on making some kind of minature speech there, as the moonbeams settled on the desert sand, and the orange stars spread a esoteric glow across the horizon...

"Aurora..." Archelaus could not speak, overcome by the emotions of the past days...

Alteriians are generally some of the most stable creatures emotionally throughout the Dimensions, (Ever tried to torture one for information? Doesn't work does it?) but Archelaus had been through literally hell and high water for the last couple days. Centuries of contained feelings and hopes, a love never lost found again, as his hearts searched and searched for her, even as his mind told them that she did not exist in this world anymore.

"I can not find the words I want to speak... they are lost, just as I am, in the desert glow."
Archelaus shuddered slightly... and then shivered, as frigid night air cascaded around his form.

"First know that I love you. I always have. Even from the first day that I saw you. Nothing has ever changed this, not the distance of billions of miles, and not the passing of hundreds of years... You are, and will always be, the diamond of my heart...
And you never have to be alone. You never have to struggle in vain.
And that I am coming for you, even as the monsters and evils of my past appear, I will not abandon you...

I wish... I had the words to show you... but because my words do not, my actions will."

Archelaus nodded to Cassus at the door, the only witness to his silent message, went to his seat and looked over his companions.

Zyria and Caz, in that rainbows and butterflies love, so sweet... even admist the fires of adversity they bloom.
Robless... once a horror, and now a calming ally, strong in many ways, and the source of a never ending hope.
Emerik... His good friend for many years, sharing pain and troubles with him hand in hand with the bounty and the successes. The best and truest friend he ever had.
Not even.... not even Verax had been quite so close, nor had the friendship truly been real.
Cassus... That man amused Archelaus endlessly. The two of them knew much, but said of it but little.

And now, as Archelaus looked up from his musings, Lord Conver...
Archelaus decided not to think about him, there were too many mixed feelings flying about for him to go down another pain ridden path unharmed.

Archelaus, after this... did not feel satisfied, or calm... he was merely... resolved.
He knew who his friends were, these people beside him, he knew what his objective was, saving Aurora, and he knew what he was going to do to get there.
Anything.
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2012, 1:12 pm

[lol, 'rainbows and butterflies love.' XD Definitely true. Ironic, since Zyria is one of the oldest Rulers. You'd think she'd be less innocent, but nooope. At some point, we have to discuss whether or not Caz is going to have Neiede, too. Just saying.]
Back to top Go down
Archelaus
Command Sergeant Major
Archelaus

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2012, 11:24 pm

<OFC>

<Yeah... all of the main characters are absolutely ancient. I suppose it depends... Caz already has Zyria... do we add in another character just to mess around with anything? I don't see a whole lot of opportunity to introduce another Alteriian character, since Verax killed Arcani, and the 6th fleet left. Up to Aurora I think.>
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2012, 11:33 pm

[Eris-Tam already has an idea for the Neiede. And that'll be later. She and I have been discussing matters.]
Back to top Go down
Archelaus
Command Sergeant Major
Archelaus

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012, 1:59 am

<Without me? Awwwwww.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mars Mission   Mars Mission - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mars Mission
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next