~*~
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Your Best Chance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:29 pm

Zyria smiled, her eyes crinkling slightly. "I'd be honoured, Dreston." Zyria held her hand out, a handshake to seal the deal.

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:40 pm

Dreston smiled with genuine warmth and happiness, and his frail, wood-inlaid metal hand met hers and shook it. His programming instantly accepted Zyria as his new master, and just as instantly the strange space inside his chest filled up and topped off. He had the sort of connection with her now that was strange and inexplicable, but full of devotion, loyalty. One hundred percent trust. Something that was nearly impossible to achieve in any organic master-servant relationship.

And it wouldn't be just Dreston who benefitted. It would be them both. Dreston would guarantee it.

>Thank you, Princess. Thank you so much. I promise I will make this up to you through whatever services you desire.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:31 pm

Zyria grinned, her teeth flashing. "There's no need to make it up to me, I love having you around in the first place. I hope you don't mind having a scientist as your master, though, because most of what you may be doing will relate to lab work, researching, and constructing. If it bores you, though, I'm sure I can find something you can do that will not only help, but will be something you like doing." Zyria let go of Dreston's hand, and brushed off her clothes. "Now, one thing I'd like to ask, is it necessary for you to call me 'master'? Because I'd be perfectly fine with Zyria, or 'Princess', if you must be formal."

((Sorry for late reply, was really busy this weekend.))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Mon 19 Nov 2012, 1:00 pm

Dreston smiled slightly goofily.

>No, that's not necessary. I shall call you whatever you wish.
>Whatever work you give me will be a relief to complete, I assure you. Any knowledge that you might require me to know for your work can be programmed into my databases. I assure you that I can complete essentially any task with maximum efficiency.

These seemed like formalities, but they were formalities which Dreston was actually very proud of. He was proud of his abilities, and proud that he could be a perfect servant. It was, after all, his whole purpose. To be able to serve, and serve well. Of course he was proud of it.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Mon 19 Nov 2012, 2:51 pm

Zyria nodded. "That's good, because most people that work closely with me end up working hands on, so we usually end up working under...odd....circumstances." Zyria laughed lightly. "Well, what ever. I know I will appreciate you working with me, so I'll thank you in advance. First, though..." She got a look on her face, one of anticipation. "I think we should work on you first. Have you ever considered additional attachments, like armor, perhaps? Or, possibly, adding a voice box? It's all up to you, of course; we can move on to something else, if you'd like, but I'd love to look at your structure, as well as help you, if you would be interested." Zyria walked over to a table where, earlier, she had asked Zeif to leave a bag. She found it lying off to the side, and picked it up. She then moved over to the door, and walked out, motioning Dreston to follow her.

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Mon 19 Nov 2012, 5:14 pm

Dreston followed, considering.

>If you would find it necessary for me to have these... attachments, for your work, then go right ahead and install any upgrades that you deem necessary. I usually have no need for armor nor an audible voice, but if you would prefer that I have them, go ahead and add them in. It is up to you, Zyria.

Personally, Dreston did not see any reason to add those things. The only time when a stronger frame would have been necessary was in the Cave of Shattered Suns, and that wasn't the kind of adventure that Dreston regularly went on. But if that was the kind of odd circumstances that Zyria meant, then it would be better for him, and more useful to her, if he was equipped with such armor attachments.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:08 am

"Hmmm..." Zyria looked at him as she walked, a thoughtful look on her face. Then she laughed, once. "Well, I suppose I'll have to get used to this. Honestly, though, I /do/ want you to give me your opinion. Sure, if I need something done, I won't be afraid to order you around, just as I do everyone else, but I also like to know others' thoughts on the matter. If you feel there's no reason for something, or don't want something, or feel there's something wrong, please, tell me." Zyria raised an eyebrow at Dreston. "I'll order you to tell me your opinion on things if I have to, Dreston." She chuckled a little at that. "That's the trick to working for me. No matter how low someone is on the social-slash-business scale, I value their opinion. And you most certainly aren't low on any scale. I know you've made me your master, in that you have to follow my orders, but sometimes I'm wrong. Sometimes I need another voice on a matter. Sometimes I hurt others without even realize they don't like it. I'm not good around other people, I don't know how to act or treat others. That's why I want you to tell me what /you/ think. If you feel you don't need a voice, and are leaning towards not wanting one, it's not necessary to make one.

"Although..." Zyria looked thoughtful again. "I think some armor may be needed. If you're going to be near me more often, you'll be walking into some dangerous places, especially considering the near future. First, though, we have some work to do."

Zyria stopped in front of a door, and looked back at Dreston. "If you really have something against telling me your opinion on things, then you have my permission to ignore everything I've said about it. I can adapt. I just wanted you to know how I feel on the matter first." She then turned, and opened the door. "All right, we have some researching to do." They were in Caz's room, where he remained on a bed with monitors around him. The other side of the room resembled a research lab, with a variety of scientific tools. "I don't know if it's possible as of yet, but we need to figure out a way for me to mentally enter Caz's subconscious. If we can find something to work from, we'll be a step closer to saving Caz."

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:32 pm

Dreston thought over what Zyria had said about wanting to know his opinion, and smiled.

>I would be perfectly fine with adding armor and frame integrity upgrades, if the anticipated circumstances require them. As for a voice... my opinion on the matter is largely the same one that my original master had: that most people are extremely outspoken. If people were required to write or type everything that they had to say, they would think over their words more carefully. The fact that I do not have a voice is attributed to that.
>Though, I suppose it would be fine with me to have one if you would prefer it.

He wasn't quite sure what to say in regards to the situation with Drel-Caz, so instead examined some of the research that had already been recorded, filing it all into his databases so that he could know as much as possible about what they needed to do and how to help.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Fri 23 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm

Zyria smiled softly at Dreston. "Thank you, I appreciate you telling me what you think." She clapped her hands together, decisively. "Okay, then it's settled. We'll have you fitted for some armor, and we'll hold off on the voice. Of course, it may eventually be determined that having a voice will be more helpful, like, in dangerous times, if we need to work fast, listening to a voice while working is easier than stopping and reading a message, but it's not necessary as of yet. And, you know, Dreston, you wouldn't /have/ to use a voice all the time. I'm perfectly fine with the messages. But, as I said before, if there's a time when hearing is faster than reading, you'd have the voice to use." Zyria shrugged. She didn't know exactly what she'd be working on, but her past projects had been dangerous, not even including her time with the other leaders. "Anyway, that can be done at a later time. Right now, we have this research to look over. It's information about species' abilities to connect with another's mind." Zyria looked up at the ceiling. "Custodian? Did you find any information? If not, it should be fine, I wasn't expecting much, there's very little information about this topic."

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Fri 23 Nov 2012, 7:07 pm

The Custodian quickly replied, "Well, Princess, I'm not really sure that there is much you can do as to accessing Drel-Caz's mind. The only situations where I am aware that one being can access the mind of another plainly and easily is in the case of a kazesqui entering the mind of another being, or when a kazesqui's Neiede uses their connection to access more easily the mind of their partner. Seeing that you are neither kazesqui nor Caz's Neiede... I'm not sure that what you are proposing has ever been easily done with true success."

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Sat 24 Nov 2012, 1:45 am

Zyria nodded once, having expected the answer. "Thank you, you have reinforced my theory." Zyria began pacing, obviously preparing for a bit of a speech.

"Now, all living things run on electricity. That's exactly what life is, scientifically speaking. An organism with life has an electric current running through it. There are many things that run on electricity, obviously. Dreston, you run on a more basic form of electricity than the living do, because it is an electricity that has been created by beings. We have yet to establish the complex form of electricity that creates life, but we try, as it is seen in robotics. The Custodian has just given me the answer to our little problem here. While there are exceptions in Neiedes, due to the unnatural power they contain, the only species able to connect with other minds is the Kazesqui. Now, each individual has his or her own frequency of this living electricity, thus why we cannot connect minds. The Kazesqui, though, have a frequency that is broad, open, thus allowing them to connect with minds. Something in their electric frequency allows them to find the same part of another's frequency, and the similarity allows the minds to click together. So, this is what we have to do to me." Zyria stopped and turned to Dreston.

"Dreston, we're going to change my electrical frequency."

((Lol, I just totally bull-shitted my way through that, I hope it at least sounded convincing.))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Sat 24 Nov 2012, 1:26 pm

Dreston pondered this concept for a moment, and wondered just how sane it was to attempt this. He thought that it could maybe involve sending some sort of electrical pulse through Zyria long enough to establish a link between her own and Drel-Caz's consciousness. It could work, but the risks seemed awfully high to Dreston. The Princess could be damaged by the electrical pulse. And first, they would have to determine just what frequency Caz typically operated on so that they could attempt to match Zyria's with his.

It was a crazy idea, that was certain, but it could work...

>If we are to attempt to alter your "frequency" to match Drel-Caz's, then we have to first determine what his frequency is. Even then... there are risks for you, Princess. If we sent an electrical pulse through your mind to alter your frequency long enough to allow a connection, the electricity could damage you...

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:44 am

Zyria looked down, fiddling with her Life Support.

"I'm already damaged, Dreston, in more ways than one." She shuffled through some papers on the table, glancing at everything. "Besides, there are few others that possibly stand a chance at convincing him to return, all of which aren't here. And only those from a NegaDimension can replace a Neiede bond." She looked to Caz's still form laying on the bed. "He's a part of a dying race. If it wasn't to save him in the first place, we would have to do this to help save his race. There's very little leniency on the matter. I need to do this."

Zyria turned to look at the robot boy, her eyes watery, but denying the tears an escape. She smiled a fake smile, barely hiding the distress buried below. "Besides, Zeif is here to take over if anything happens to me. I can trust you to help him when you can, right? Of course, you wouldn't have to make him your master, you can choose whomever you'd like. Zeif will need the help from an ally, though."

She wiped her face with a hand, and sighed. "Of course, this is all hypothetical. We haven't even discovered Caz's electrical frequency. So right now, we can just think about that. No one has to risk his or her life, it is merely some boring research. We can handle that, right Dreston?"

((Oh dear lord, I'm sorry it took so long to reply. I've always been trying to plan on posting on here on weekends, but my managers have been giving me double shift after double shift. Then I sort of get distracted during the week....sorry ; _ ; ))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Sat 01 Dec 2012, 11:19 am

Dreston nodded a little, and then a look of concentration came over him. He stepped soundlessly over to Drel-Caz, and then frowned a little while looking down at the kazesqui. He glances up at Zyria, and motions for her to come over for a moment. He slowly places his hand lightly on Caz's chest, and closes his eyes. When Zyria nears, he does the same with her, laying his hand on her shoulder. He pauses for a moment, then sends a message to Zyria to explain.

>I'm trying to narrow down the difference between the energy that runs through the two of you. I am a mechanic, after all, so... energy is not something I'm unfamiliar with. Right now I'm trying to find the differences so that I know how to identify this "frequency."

At first, it doesn't seem like there are any differences. Life energy is a much more fine-tuned thing than mechanical electricity, and Dreston was unfamiliar with it so it was harder to see that there was any difference at all. But slowly, Dreston started to notice the variance between them. It was a minute change, and finding the difference was like tasting it to find the notes of different spices or seasonings. But Dreston was starting to see it. He focused in on those differences and found more differences inside those ones, layers and layers of intricate patterns. He stayed like that, between Zyria and Caz for a long time, identifying and recording differences, measuring and contemplating and testing.

But eventually, he moved his hands away from both of them, steadily converting the information he had stored into a log that Zyria would be able to understand, then sent the whole thing across the same messaging system he used to communicate, to her.

>I have narrowed down many of the differences. I think that we don't have to make it match quite exactly, since there would be differences between the energy even between two of the same race. If we can get your close enough to fake it, to make it seem like you are kazesqui for just one moment, then it should be enough to establish a link.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Mon 03 Dec 2012, 8:49 am

Zyria watched as Dreston worked, her eyes wide with intrigue. As he explained what he'd done, and sent her the information, Zyria gleamed, the grin about the break her face in half. She quickly turned and jotted down some quick notes, and turned back to hug Dreston, not even noticing the awkward look of her hugging the robot.

"Dreston, you are an absolute wonder! That was amazing, you've cut our work time down to a fraction of what it would have been." Zyria was practically buzzing with anticipation, she was so excited. "This gives us more than enough time to help out the Custodian." She pressed a button on the side of the table, and some scientist-looking Plutonians came in. "Now, you two, all of our notes are on this table. Also, here are the blueprints for my prototype." Zyria retrieved her bag again, and dug through it until she found the hidden compartment holding the blueprints. "I hope you can be ready soon?"

"Yes, Princess, we will work thoroughly."

"Thank you, I appreciate your diligence."

The two scientists set to work, and Zyria walked to the door with her bag. "Shall we, Dreston? Custodian, if you may lead us to the project room, I can see where you all are in your research. Do you mind explaining in more detail what you have so far?"

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:29 pm

The Custodian, who was always paying attention to all areas of the ship, heard Zyria say her name and instantly began forming a response.

"Well," she began, "we absolutely have the process of constructing an object based on an atom-by-atom map down. We are able to use this technology easily, since it has something that has been around for some time. Currently we are working on expanding that--both in size of objects created and also experimenting with recreating living creatures--on finding a safe method to effectively dematerialize large matter quantities into simpler matters, and on a scanner that will be able to thoroughly map each and every atom of the ship and on the ship so that it can be deconstructed and reconstructed following the template which the map has generated. Since the scanner is the first step, we have been focusing our efforts on that. We currently are prototyping a rudimentary scanning system."

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 04 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm

"Hmmm..." Zyria tapped a finger to her lips. "I think I could be of some use when it comes to the deconstruction itself. In fact, I may have an idea forming now as to your dilemma of expanding the deconstruction." The two of them finally arrived where the Custodian had directed them, and Zyria immediately strode over to a table, looking for something. Then, she realized that she wasn't in her lab anymore.

"Ah, well, I suppose most of your work is digital, hm? No matter, I bring my own utensils." She pulled out an old fashioned pencil and a journal. The book was filled with blank paper as well as a thick section of frayed edges, indicating presently ripped-out paper. Zyria immediately began sketching on the first blank page, calculating mentally, then looking back up. "Is there any chance you may allow me to look over what you have so far?"

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 05 Dec 2012, 5:59 pm

"Certainly."

A holopanel rose up out of the table next to Zyria, and displayed an index of the research topics as well as individual documents, blueprints, and designs in each category.

"You are welcome to access anything. So far, as for deconstruction, we are attempting to reverse the construction process. What we need is for the matter to be rearranged into a much simpler compound--nearly identical to that of a small planetoid. These 'matter banks,' as we have called them, will be used to reconstruct the ships and people afterwards as well."

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:36 am

"Wonderful, thank you." Zyria quickly began looking through everything. "Ah, well, if the problem is considered as an equation, I believe I could be of help with reversing and simplifying matters." She started writing in her journal again, scribbling and scratching out, mumbling to herself, "Add a cofactor here, include additional variables affecting molecule reconstruction..." For a few minutes, Zyria works like that.

"There! It took more time than I thought, but there is the equation. All that was needed was quite literally reversing the basic construction process in my equation--with alterations to make the basic structure work with more complicated objects--then factoring in the safety measures for reconstruction back into complex structures. Of course, actually creating this and programming it to work will take some time....but then again, this isn't my old-fashioned lab." Zyria glanced around, emphasizing the difference. "I suppose you and Dreston could focus more on the creation of the scanner, then. I'm not at my best when I'm working hands-on with modern machinery. The calculations I can do, but I prefer testing on live organisms. When the basic prototype has been finished, I can begin altering it to work for living creatures."

((If I made a mistake with adding info that contradicts stuff, go ahead and say so, and I'll change it. I'm really tired right now, so I might be making errors~))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Sun 09 Dec 2012, 10:35 pm

The Custodian was thrilled by Zyria's work. She was stunned and happy, and analyzed the equation and delivered it to the other scientists who were working on the project. She quickly thanked the Princess, and assured her that work would begin with the new equation immediately.

And then something occurred to the Custodian, something that might help Zyria's work with Drel-Caz. "Princess, I think I have found an idea to alter those frequencies you were talking about in order to connect to Drel-Caz's mind. I think a way to do it safely... might lie in the implants that the kazesqui use to transform their bodies. When they do so, they become completely compatible with the species they mimic. I think... with slight adjustment, the implant could be made to only alter the energetic portions of your mind. It seems like that might be a more direct route to do it which would involve little risk of harm to you, Zyria."

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:29 am

Zyria grinned as the Custodian thanked her. "Oh, it's nothing. I'm always happy to help. When you have to busy yourself for a few millennia, it's best to choose something that sharpens the mind. Liking what you do helps, as well."

As the Custodian mentioned the implant, Zyria snapped her fingers. "Of course! Why didn't I think of that?! Thank you, Custodian, that will be much safer than our former plan." She turned to Dreston, excitement evident in her eyes. "If we can access the implant, we can send me into Caz's mind sooner than I expected! Dreston, as soon as we're done here, we're heading back to Caz. No rest for the curious." Zyria looked back up to the Custodian as she began gathering her tools. "Are you all right, now? The rest can be done until I have to convert the scanner to living organisms?"

((So, do you want to start the Caz ordeal, Tam? Or wait? I don't really have much more to type once the scanner is finished, but I don't know if you want to bring Caz back/kill him off now or later))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 11 Dec 2012, 7:30 am

((KILL HIM OFF?! That was never the plan! D:
But sure, we can do the Caz stuff now! It's not like there's any reason why we shouldn't... The Custodian will be visiting wherever the NSI's survivors went off to, perhaps collecting them, but we can continue Caz's stuff while that's happening, no big deal! (I'd actually love to have an active character back... Razz)))

The Custodian said, "Yes, we are much more than all right! Our scientists can set to work on testing the scanner and the rematerialization process, if you'd like to continue your other project. I'm glad I could be of assistance in that, as well." She was practically grinning.


~


Caz had no sense of time or space, no sense of where he was or when. Endless grey oblivion was all he knew. He could not hear, see, smell, taste, feel... it was mind-numbing, and that was the point. The only thing he could do was think. And the only thing he thought about was her... he wondered where she was right now. He wondered if she was safe somewhere, he wondered if she was anywhere near him. The thought that she could be only inches away from him was simultaneously comforting and heartbreaking. He wondered what she had gone through while he was... away.

He didn't dare think for a second that something might have happened to her in his own selfishness, that she could be hurt or... dead... because he had not been there to protect her. He couldn't allow himself to think that, because there was nothing he could do about it now.

Whenever his thoughts weren't completely focused on Zyria, which was not very often, he wondered about how much time had passed since he had broken the link. It could have been mere minutes, or hours, or days... but Caz somehow doubted that it was any short increment of time like that. He thought it more likely that he had been here, in the grey place surrounded by nothing, for weeks, months, maybe even years.

He wondered if Tam had been saved from the parasite. He wondered if Robless had managed to get the Lyikos. He wondered if Verax had attacked them, and then what had happened to Verax. Would Verax still call him a friend when he returned? Was Verax even alive? Well, Caz doubted he was dead.

But always, his thoughts made their way to Zyria. She was the only thing that kept him thinking about something, instead of just drifting, just losing himself completely in the absolute nothingness.

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 11 Dec 2012, 3:07 pm

((LOL. Well, when I read your bio for him, it sounded like you were done with him, with, like, a lot of "eh."s. xD All right, then, time to nearly kill Zyria again! :'D))

Zyria nodded. "Yes, Dreston and I will continue that for now. If anything were to....happen to me, I'll leave my notes behind for Dreston, so that you may have something to refer to when converting the scanner to living organism reconstruction."

She began walking down the hall, thinking about her plans. The thought of seeing Caz that day eventually led to the thundering footsteps of her and Dreston running down the hall.

After all this time....Caz, I'm coming to get you.

In Caz's room, Zyria immediately set to work. She flew around the room, setting up cords, monitors, everything needed for what was soon to happen. "Dreston, if you can keep an eye on these monitors when you can, you just might save mine and Caz's lives. I'm going to activate everything myself, that way only I'm to blame if something goes wrong." She ran a scanner over Caz, locating the implant. "If I can just activate the implant at the right time...." Zyria hooked up a cord around her head, then inserted a needle into her tied-off arm. "There will be a bit of a....jolt, so please keep an eye on my body, the Life Support may not react too well at first."

Zyria pulled over a stretcher next to Caz's bed. She hooked up a few more cables around Caz, then to herself, until it seemed as though they were entangled in miles of wires. She grabbed a small remote off of the table, and pulled herself onto the stretcher.

All of this happened in maybe a few minutes, a few moments of Zyria preparing out hours of work. She looked down at her Life Support one last time, her adrenaline pumping. "Dreston..." she quietly said. "Whatever happens, let everyone know I have no regrets."

And with that, she activated the machines, shocking her mind into alteration.

Zyria's Life Support flashed, sending out a loud beeping noise. It seemed frantic as it searched for it's owner's mind, not locating anything, merely the shaking body it entrapped. Zyria spasmed slightly, her abdomen beginning to turn light red as her old wounds were reawakened. The Life Support desperately tried to heal its creator, but didn't seem to work fast enough. Zyria's eyes turned completely white as her pupils shrank, then dialated, then emptied.

~~~

Zyria felt as though she was being thrown across the room, just as when Tam had been posessed by the parasite and attacked Zyria. Instead of hitting a wall, though, she was thrown into an empty grey world, seemingly lifeless.

It took her a few moments to adjust, but finally Zyria's senses recovered. She felt lighter, but still solid, empty, but heavy, giving her a contradicting sense. As she looked into the empty world, Zyria felt a small sense of....nothing. Here, she could still hear, see, smell, touch, but it felt as though she couldn't. So, as she tried to move onto her goal, Zyria took a couple steps forward, and in a whisper that seemed to echo across the world, said,

"Hello?"

((I'll be typing the dialogue in Caz's oblivion in italics, since it seems like they're talking, yet aren't, yet, they are, yet they aren't yet--bzzt))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:34 pm

Caz's mind jolted. The noise had been too loud. Too sudden, too jarring. It couldn't have come from his own imagination. He knew that from the hundreds of times he had imagined Zyria's voice in the nothingness. But this wasn't like that.

It took him a moment to realize that the noise had been a voice, and had formed a word.

Was Caz losing his mind? How else could he explain that he had just heard her voice? After a few seconds of this confusion--or, who knew how long, because time was nonexistent here--Caz desperately tried to remember or learn how to have a voice in this place.

When he finally did "speak," his own voice sounded strange to him; it had been so long since he had heard anything.

"Z-Zyria? H... hello?"

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:37 pm

Zyria /felt/ more than heard the wave of a voice returning her call. It sounded enough like Caz to set Zyria's heart off at the sound, but odd enough that Zyria replied uncertainly.

"C-Caz? Is that...is that you? Where are you?"

She took a few more steps, unsure where she should go.

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   

Back to top Go down
 
Your Best Chance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dimensional Chess :: Roleplay :: 2nd Arc :: 12th Dimension RP-
Jump to: