~*~
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Your Best Chance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Your Best Chance   Fri 02 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

The Custodian immediately engaged the interdimensional jump drives, and within seconds the ship vanished, reappearing in the 12th Dimension, one empty of any enemies that could wish to harm the ship's precious cargo. The passengers would have hardly felt anything as the engines blasted them through the barrier between dimensions, as the Custodian was designed for comfort.

During the ship's checks over the refugees from Pluto, she noticed two individuals that seemed a little off to her, and she figured she would ask the Princess about them at a later time. As Lady Zyria seemed to stalk her way through the halls, the Custodian found it to be the best idea to remain silent until Commander Zeif had a chance to explain.

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Sat 03 Nov 2012, 1:17 pm

Zyria finally reached the correct room, and, without any formal 'hello's, spoke. "Zeif, what is this? This is certainly not one of our ships--if my lack of knowledge on it wasn't enough evidence, the fact that it looks in no way Plutonian would convince me."

Zeif turned, his eyes lit up with relief. He had been starting to doubt himself that he'd really spoken to the Princess about her arrival. "Princess, the explanation is actually quite simple. Verax's power is unlimited. Our shield, as powerful as it is, is not unlimited. When this ship sent a message, it explained that it had a plan to escape Verax completely. I listened to the plan, and it seemed like a better chance than surviving on our own. Your people are already thinning, Princess, I had to help save them."

Zyria looked down, thinking it through. As much as she hated being away from her planet, she needed to keep her people safe. Zeif seemed to fully believe that this ship was safe, and Zeif feeling completely secure was definitely something. "I want to hear of these plans. Who's in charge?"

"Well, Lady, maybe you should speak with the ship. Lady Zyria, meet the Custodian."

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Sat 03 Nov 2012, 6:34 pm

The Custodian's slightly tinny voice came across the unnoticeable speakers in the room. "Hello, Lady Zyria. It is an absolute pleasure to meet you. I am the Custodian." She was surprised to find herself a little bit nervous, hoping that the Princess would approve of her, and maybe even think highly of her. Zyria's expression had been skeptical as she'd entered, and still was, despite having spoken with Commander Zeif and her people.

And then... the Custodian had to admire her beauty. She looked like the kind of person who could take care of herself, but also had a certain charm about her that the Custodian wasn't sure she could quite grasp. She tried to imagine what she herself would look like if she had a body like that, but all she could imagine was how she actually looked, on the outside. She could only see herself as the ship. It was accurate though, since that was her, after all...

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:33 am

Zyria looked up at the ceiling, listening intently to everything, the sound of the voice, the qualities, how it worded, everything. So, the ship is leading this operation. Hm, well, that is certainly something. Still, I don't know enough to fully relax. "The feeling may be likewise. That all depends, though, on what you intend to do with my people. My First Commander here seems to think highly enough of you, and I'm curious as to how you could convince him to completely evacuate my planet. You can give me the general plan, for now; I'll speak with you about it in more detail later, but at the moment, I'm in a small rush trying to keep my people up to date." That seemed to remind her. "Oh, Zeif, please group my colleges in a meeting room, I will tell them what they can know, and they will pass it down to the rest of my people."

Zeif bowed his head. "Of course, Princess. Expect them waiting for you once you're finished." With that remark, Zeif turned and strode out, ready to face the bewildered advisers. With a parting word, he said, "The Custodian should be able to tell you everything you need to know, as well as direct you to whichever meeting room your men end up in."

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Sun 04 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

The Custodian watched Zeif exit the room, then continued to keep an eye on him as he entered the hall. The speakers in that area directed him to the sector where most of the higher ranking Plutonian officials were settled. Simultaneously, the Custodian began explaining the reasons why Zeif's decision had been the best one to make. She had to force her voice to stay calm, but it still seemed to cascade and rise, almost song-like, in her excitement.

"Lady Zyria, let me properly introduce myself," she began. "I am the first member of a group of ships called the Pentad, which is currently composed of myself (the Custodian), the Fabricator, and the Aegis. In the end, we will have two other members: the Vigilante and the Accomplice. We were designed by the Somnis people, but we are a separate entity from them. I was designed to evacuate, as I have done with your people, and to keep all refugees from this horrible war safe, protected, and comfortable. I have millions of living quarters and six massive evacuation bays. I am capable of a relatively fast landfall and am large enough to encompass an entire city for evacuation purposes."

She paused, and then continued, still trying to keep her excitement in check. "Our shield systems are designed to be almost undetectable, as you have experienced, and this will serve so that we can fly even through occupied dimensions with very little chance of discovery. My only moments of weakness are while in landfall, when the cloaking system must be taken down, and while on a planet's surface. You may or may not have noticed that I am not equipped with anything but the lightest of weaponry, that honestly could do very little damage; for this reason, we have the Aegis.

"The Aegis is designed to protect us when I am not capable of doing so. His cloaking technology is equivalent to ours, and he will stand guard during landfall and evacuation to fight off any ships which might detect us. Should either he or I be damaged at any time, we will go to the Fabricator, who is a factory ship and is equipped to repair the other ships in the Pentad."

All through this monologue, the Custodian kept a close eye on the Princess, gauging her reaction and her comfort levels, as well as her vital signs- for good measure. "The last two ships which need to be built are the Vigilante and the Accomplice. The Vigilante will be the main offensive ship among us, and will actually seek out conflict with any who should threaten the lives of innocents, such as Verax. He will be assisted by the Accomplice, who will serve as a distraction- she will look like an offensive ship and will be daring and mocking, and will distract our enemies either while the Vigilante attacks from another angle or while I or the Fabricator escapes from dangerous situations."

And then she reached the part that the Princess would be most concerned about. She had not shared this information with Zeif because it was still only in the experimental phase, still in testing, and not guaranteed. But the Custodian expected that the Princess would understand that, and would not get her own or anyone else's hopes up, as well as not share this information with anyone.

"Now... as for a final strategy of escape should worst come to worst." The Custodian's voice was suddenly grave and dry. "If Shade should make it into this world, we will have nowhere to run to. We cannot hide from him, that much is almost a certainty. We are currently working on a way for each ship of the Pentad as well as any refugees that I might be carrying at the time to be hidden in a way that would be almost completely impossible to find. It's only in the experimental phase, however... I did not share this information with your commander because this needs to be kept an absolute secret, and I also did not want to get anyone's hopes up.

"We are testing a way to disassemble each ship, molecule by molecule, as well as the people on board, after creating a record of the exact molecular makeup of every individual and each ship. We would go through with the total disassembly as soon as Shade entered this universe as the matter that will have undergone disassembly will be stored in planetoids, each with a device at the center capable of reassembling the ships and refugees completely as soon as Shade is no longer a threat."

She paused, warily. "However, like I said; this is a highly experimental procedure."

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 06 Nov 2012, 7:25 pm

Zyria's eyes were slightly unfocused, her mind working over every detail, factoring every variable in this complex equation. She tapped her index finger on her lips, a habit that most Plutonians seemed to have. Zyria's conscious was practically buzzing with thoughts, when she finally looked up again and crossed her arms. "Well, it seems there has been a lot going on while I've been with Caz. Hmmm. The idea of having a group of ships like this /is/ comforting, it should calm my people down. And by the looks of your makeup, the designs are advanced, almost to the point that you would be considered Plutonian-created, minus the style resemblance." Zyria chuckled at that, but stopped short. She never tried to sound snooty, but as she relayed it back in her head, she realized she sounded slightly egotistical.

"As for the plan to roam the Dimensions, surviving and stopping enemies...I can approve of it. While I'd certainly rather stay on my planet, Zeif was smart in deciding to evacuate here. Of course, I'd like to ask if I may learn more about your workings, as well as possibly look around your mainframe. If you'd prefer not to expose yourself, I can respect that, learning more would merely help me calm myself. Knowledge is the opening of one's eyes and mind."

Zyria began to look excited as her scientist side broke out, and her sentences started to run together slightly. "Now, about this fail-safe plan. I'm intrigued. The dis-assembly of everything, down to the molecule. Has it been tested as of yet? Or is the plan still being formed? If there is any need of help, I can gladly be of service. Now that I merely have to keep my people up to date, and not worry about the usual leader-like things, I'll have a fair amount of free time."

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 06 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

The Custodian didn't seem to notice the comment which Zyria had realized sounded snooty, and moved on without mention of it. "Of course, Princess Zyria, you are welcome to examine anything on board and anything within my mainframe or my database, even down to my programming, if you so desire. As for the plan that we consider to be the 'last resort,' any help or service that you could provide would be much appreciated... the process has only just begun testing, but so far the results have been mostly inconclusive. So like I said... any help would be fantastic."

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 7:38 pm

Zyria nodded once. "Then I will inspect your programming, and look over what work you have on the plans so far. Now, though, I must settle into my room, and speak with my colleges. In that order, if you may direct me."

As much as Zyria dreaded having to have a room smaller than her 'royal' home (being so used to living like a ruler), she expected that all the rooms were the same: small (but roomy) and simple. First, I'll rest my eyes for a few moments, then hurry to speak with the others. They're most likely worried, and suspicious, which is not a good combination for the old fossils.

((Does the Custodian have to speak with Zyria about the two people at the beginning of the thread, or could Zeif be told? Zyria can find out in a few replies anyway, if it absolutely /has/ to be her.))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 8:27 pm

((Wait... what two people? I'm confused. Who are you talking about?

[Also I'll actually reply once I'm less confused. xD]))

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 8:31 pm

(( "During the ship's checks over the refugees from Pluto, she noticed two individuals that seemed a little off to her, and she figured she would ask the Princess about them at a later time." in the top post up there^ Lol, I don't what it means, but I figured it was something you planned))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 8:58 pm

((OHHHH haha okay. She was talking about Dreston (who I assume is with you guys, since Zyria seemed... interested in him) and Caz (because he's in a weird sort of coma which she has no medical records on). I'll have her ask. It should be Zyria, considering the nature of it.))

The Custodian quickly gave Zyria the directions to the living section of the ship, where her people were also housed, and said, "Pick whichever room that you'd like once you arrive. They're mostly the same, and for that I apologize, but when I was built my designers figured that safety and space was more important than aesthetic. But you should find the rooms to be comfortable, at least."

She thought over the questions that she'd wanted to ask, and though the Princess seemed to want to go and find her room and then her officers, the Custodian's curiosity was too great to overlook. "And, um... Princess? If you don't mind my asking, I happened upon two individuals that boarded with your people who seem... a little unusual. They're not Plutonians, for one thing... but one of them is Drel-Caz, the kazesqui, and I was wondering... why he was with your people? I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation, but my database regrettably does not contain much information as to the personal affairs of the leaders. He seems to be... not hurt, but in an odd state. If you are offended by my curiosity, then you are by no means required to answer..."

The Custodian paused, then continued. "The other individual seems to be an artificial life-form, and I was curious as to his identity. Again, you are not obligated to answer..."

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 9:28 pm

((Ahhh, okay, that makes sense. It was written that Zyria had left Caz with his medics, but we can just pretend she asked him to be sent to Pluto because of the Plutonian advancements in medicine, or something, lol. As for Dreston, yeah, it would make sense that he would be asked to go to Pluto, plus it brings Dreston (the character, not the actual person) back into the story))

Zyria nodded again, and stopped short at the door as the Custodian spoke up again. As the Custodian relayed the information, Zyria looked slightly crestfallen, but then her eyes lit up as she heard the rest of what the Custodian was saying. "Dreston is here?? So he made it! Good, I'll have to speak with him after addressing my colleagues. Oh, I apologize, Dreston is a clockwork robot that myself and the other leaders were saved by on Mars. We were rude enough to destroy his home of who knows how many millennia in return, but he refuses to accept any admission of fault from us. My missing First Commander was an inventor of clockwork machinery, so I took quite an interest in him, hoping I could do some research, maybe find a way to help him protect himself out on his own, if he'd like." It was obvious that Zyria loved the idea of working with the clockwork boy, but as she moved onto the other topic, her eyes swept down, lost in frustrated depression.

"As for Caz....well...He's in a state of...nothingness. That is the only way I can describe it, really. As you most likely know, Caz, being a kazesqui, has a Neiede ((it's been a while since I've spelled that, I hope I got it right)). Caz was...uhm...." A slight blush crept over Zyria's cheeks, and she skipped that part. "He found his Neiede. On our mission to save Tam. He tried to go against the bond, but he couldn't do it, not with his Neiede there constantly trying to persuade Caz into just joining him. Caz tried to kill his Neiede then, but even that failed. So, he just...broke the connection. Doing so has left him like this, he doesn't do anything, merely lays there, conscious, but not really...there." Zyria shook her head, tears shaking off in every direction. "I don't know why he would do such a thing. I told him, and told him, I knew the day would come. I knew what was expected of him, he's part of a race that is slowly going extinct. Apparently he didn't listen, though...."

Zyria looked up at the ceiling, 'at' the Custodian. "I'm sorry, I'm getting all emotional. Caz was..is...important to me. And I mean a lot to him." Zyria sniffled once, and stood up straight, looking determined. "I have a plan, though. I'm going to save Caz, as he has me. I've been told that...with a lot of work, and dangerous risks...Caz's Neiede can be replaced. As soon as I'm certain of my people's safety, and I've helped with your plan, I'm going to work on saving Caz. Zeif will be in charge while I'm gone for that." Zyria thought about that. "Well, I won't physically be gone, but you must understand what I mean."

Zyria turned back to the door, and looked at it, as though she was staring straight through wall after wall, until she reached the room Caz was being kept. As though she were already gone, sucked into Caz's empty consciousness. Quietly, she said, "Please, keep this conversation confidential, as I am with your plans. Zeif does not know of my plans to save Caz, the odds of me surviving are slim, with my disability. My people will never know of my decision, unless it works. If I end up dying, they will be told that my bracelet finally stopped working. I merely tell you this so you know not to contradict the statement, if it must be used."

((Should I PM Dreston? He might not check here, since this thread hasn't related to him as of yet))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 10:33 pm

((Sure, go ahead.))

The Custodian was a little bit stunned by how much Zyria had shared with her. It seemed like quite an unfortunate situation... but something occurred to her as Zyria started to walk away. "Miss... if my speculation is correct, and if you do manage to find a way to recreate the Neiede bond with yourself... well, the bond supposedly brings much power to both people involved. I don't know how it would work with a Plutonian, but if you are successful... that power might save you. Might even provide you the life energy so that... you wouldn't require your bracelet any longer." She paused then, realized that she might sound nosy, and then sighed a little and said, "But... that's only speculation on the part of an AI, so it probably means very little. I'm sorry, Princess. I will keep your secret."

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 07 Nov 2012, 11:13 pm

Zyria's face went blank with surprise. The idea had never occurred to her, although it did seem logical. "I don't know much about renewing the bond, really. A madman informed me of it, so there's a high chance the entire ordeal is false. However, if it really does work, I could be fixing more than just Caz. His people would be able to live on, and the advancements I could make having more knowledge of the power of Neiedes!" Zyria looked back up to the Custodian. "Obviously, there is much to be done in little time. I should hurry any speak with the others now, before they declare war on someone." Zyria walked through the door, and stopped, almost turning around. She realized, though, that she was already talking to the ship, and resumed walking. "Also, I have one request. I have no way of entering Caz's...soul..or...subconscious..or...I'm not sure what the word would be. If you have any knowledge of this, or information, I'd appreciate anything relating to it sent to my room. I have a lot of researching ahead of me."

~

Zeif, having sent the Plutonian leaders on their way, knocked on every Plutonian door. Sure, there weren't many Plutonians, but it was still tedious work.

"Come on out, Princess Zyria has returned, she is speaking with the leaders now, and will speak to us soon!"

Slowly, every Plutonian awoke from their exhausted sleep, having gone to bed as soon as they settled in. Zyria's people were tired, dirty, wounded, and deeply scarred. But they were alive. Zeif patted a surviving soldier on the back, and helped a young girl find her way back to her parents, who had become hidden in the crowd.

And finally, everything was in order.

((You can have the Custodian follow Zyria. Once Zyria makes it to the meeting room, she'll invite the Custodian to speak, to convince her colleagues. 'Course, if you don't want to, you don't have to.))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
avatar

Female Posts : 574
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Thu 08 Nov 2012, 6:33 pm

While Zyria made her way to the meeting room where her people waiting, the Custodian searched her databases, looking for the information that the Princess had requested. She found a little information about the Rolxan in the Alteriians, and how it was strengthened by the Neiede bond. She also found information on how Eris-Tam had entered Robless' consciousness when he had almost committed suicide, and how from there she was able to discover the corruption of the Thel-ghan'che. All evidence suggested that the Kazesqui could enter the mind of others, if their mass was small enough, but that there was really no way to do the opposite. Though, on Warship 666, the group had been able to enter Eris-Tam's mind... but only because Archelaus had provided the link through his strong mental and spiritual abilities.

Everything seemed to point to no way for a Plutonian to do the same. The Plutonians weren't exactly known for their mental abilities, and so the Custodian doubted that what Zyria proposed was possible...

~*~
“This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do.”
― Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:58 pm

"...so you see, this is the best option for us. Zeif was correct in deciding then, not waiting. I understand that it will be hard to adapt, but we've survived worse changes. Now, any questions?"

The Plutonians shook their heads, and Zyria nodded. "Then please go spread the news. I will be out shortly to speak with my people directly." They all got up to leave, shaking hands with the princess, or resting a hand on her shoulder, muttering condolences. Zyria smiled grimly at them all, and walked out behind the last Plutonian leader.

~~

The crowd mulled about, waiting for their princess. As they saw the leaders filing out into the group, they eagerly looked around, hoping for some answers finally.

Zyria walked up in front of the group, standing out even in the ocean of people. The Plutonians cheered, overjoyed to see their Lady again. Zyria held a hand up, quieting them, but she looked just as happy to see them as they her.

"My people! I'm sure you have many questions, and are quite jostled from this change. I assure you, though, that this is for the best. Your Commander Zeif made a very hard decision. It was the only way for you to survive though."

"But Princess!" A lone Plutonian cried out. "What are we to do about Pluto? Our planet, Lady?"

Zyria swallowed, knowing this was going to be brought up. "Pluto....must be left behind. We will return to our home one day, but for now, we must save ourselves." This sent a wave of silence across the crowd. "Don't fret, my people, we must be strong, and live on, as we always have." Zyria seemed finished with her speech, even though the crowd was far from satiated.

Her people dispersed, off to sleep their despair away in their new rooms. Zyria turned to see Zeif standing behind her, looking ready for his next task. Zyria started to wave him away, but then decided otherwise. "Please send for Dreston. Ask him to meet me near my room, so we catch up. Maybe he can help me with my current predicament."

"Yes, Princess. I'll have him there in 10 minutes." With that, the two went on their way.

~~

Back in the dim room, Zyria shut the door behind her. She knew Caz and Dreston were waiting for her, that Dreston was quite possibly on his way now, but she just...needed a minute. She leaned against the door, slowly sliding down to the floor. She pulled her knees up to her chest, the tears finally coming.

True, Zyria had been gone for a while, but now she was completely without a planet. Not just /a/ planet, /her/ planet. Pluto, her home for so many millennia, gone. She knew that it was for the best for her people, but there was such an emotional attachment to the little planet that had saved her people, something about it that fit Zyria so perfectly, she couldn't help but mourn her lost home.

((Dreston, you can hop in whenever, or Tam, if you have something else to add before he jumps in. You know, whoever wants to go basically))

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 13 Nov 2012, 5:15 pm

Moments later, there was a light knock at the door. The metallic sound rang through the room for a second, and then Dreston slowly opened the door and peered in. He saw Zyria there, leaning against the wall, mourning for her home, for the place where she had been born, been raised, lived, ruled, saved time and time again. And Dreston sought something to compare it to, in his mind. He thought he could sympathize, and drew on the emotions he had felt... when his master had died. How lost Dreston had felt. He imagined that Zyria felt the same.

Instead of composing a message, he simply moved over to her, and slowly lowered himself to the ground, sitting, with crossed legs and looking into her eyes. He could see her there, inside, despite the superficial pain, despite the heavy losses she had suffered. And if one knew how to see it, compassion, sorrow, and understanding could have been found in Dreston's own eyes.

He considered asking her why she had sent for him, but instead he simply decided to be, to be there for her if she needed him to, to share in her burden for as long as she desired. His eyes never left hers, while he did what little an insignificant, unimportant robot could do to help.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Tue 13 Nov 2012, 11:16 pm

Zyria had shuffled over automatically as the door opened, trying to wipe her face quickly. As Dreston walked in, she tried to say hello, but her voice failed. Zyria was still down low in her depressing state, desperately trying to climb up, but when Dreston sat, remaining silent, she gave up. She covered her mouth with her hand, trying not to break down in complete sobs, and watched Dreston. His manner, though it would be illogical, seemed sympathetic, understanding, sad. Zyria sniffled once, not in a lady-like manner, and rubbed the tears from her cheeks, finally feeling cried out.

In a slightly gravely voice, Zyria spoke. "You know, Dreston, there is so much about you that's extraordinary, so much more than your clockwork parts.

"Thank you."

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 14 Nov 2012, 4:48 pm

Dreston smiled slightly, but shook his head to decline her thanks. But then he looked down briefly, almost in sadness. He was thinking about his master. About how empty he still felt. Being loyal to the leaders when they needed him had filled that gap temporarily, but once they had stopped needing his help, he'd felt it again. Since he wasn't at home (and since his home was mostly destroyed), he had little to occupy himself and so felt empty more than ever. It had taken him quite some time to discern what it was he wanted... but he wanted a new master. He wanted someone to give him purpose again. Or at least to tell him to do nothing, so he could be content in his compliance.

That was something most people didn't seem to understand- most organics, anyways. They seemed to think that machines would not enjoy being ordered around should they gain consciousness of any form, but it wasn't really like that. For machines, not having a master or a set purpose or task... was like an existential crisis to a human. Without being able to carry out their purpose, machines are empty and pointless. So while it wasn't exactly pleasurable to obey orders or masters, it simply wasn't right to do otherwise. It didn't make any sense.

Noticing that his mind had wandered, Dreston quickly came up with something to say to Zyria, and the message appeared on the Princess' visor.

>I just hoped that I could help, Princess. It's... the least I can do. And the most I can seem to do, anymore.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 14 Nov 2012, 5:31 pm

With her eyes finally clear of tears, Zyria took note of Dreston's strange unhappiness. The poor boy was upset about something, but he wouldn't say. He's always seemed like that, really. Something is missing, but Dreston doesn't ever seem to bring it up... Looking at the sad message, Zyria pushed herself off of the floor.

"Dreston, you've done so much for everyone. You're always there to aid us, but no one's seemed to ask you; what do /you/ need, Dreston? That's actually why I had asked you to come visit me, not to force you to endure my self-pitying moments. I was hoping to learn more about, possibly help you, if you needed it. But, judging from your message, it's possibly not just physical upgrades you may be in need of."

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:24 pm

Dreston's shoulders sagged visibly, and he peered up at Zyria to try and figure out if she really wanted to help. She'd always seemed like the type of person to understand him, or be open to understanding him, and though he wasn't sure what gave him that feeling he guessed that she wouldn't judge him and might just try to help.

>Well... well, I...
>I don't need anything. But... I want to have a master again.
>When I was back at home, I could... put my mind to work, build, program, create... but now that all of it's gone I don't have anything left. It's... hard for organics to understand.
>Zyria, if I can call you that... Machines are created for specific functions, created to serve organics. Without being able to carry out our function, without someone to serve... there's always this emptiness left, a hole... a space that can't be filled. Helping you and the other leaders seemed to shrink it a little... just like working back at home. But now, again, I've... got nothing.

Suddenly, Dreston was embarrassed. He had never really explained that to anyone before, and he felt like he had shared too much. He even worried that she wouldn't care.

>I'm sorry... I... The only reason I've never said anything about this before is because most organics don't care, and it's hard for them to grasp it.
>Anyways... I just... want to have a master again. I want to have a purpose. I want to be doing something, instead of just drifting, instead of... just thinking all the time. And I want to have a connection to someone, anyone, just... one person. Like I used to have with my first master. He wasn't always kind to me, but... I learned to miss him once he was gone.

Dreston sighed slightly, and then turned away slightly, waiting for her response, whatever it would be.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:15 pm

Zyria tapped a finger to her lips, thinking over the messages. While Zyria was more of a biologist than an engineer, it seemed to make sense, what Dreston was saying. She knelt down in front of the boy and gently rested her hand on his shoulder.

"Dreston, I've never been much of an engineer; I've worked on living creatures for most of my life, breeding my hellhounds, creating fire foxes, and transportation whales. There was always a problem with my creations though, when I'd first create them. You see, animals need a job in life, called a niche. An animal's niche is what the organism does in its community. For example, on Earth, there are these insects called bees. The bees go around collecting pollen from flowers to make honey, and while they're doing that, they're pollinating flowers. That is the bee's niche. When the bee doesn't have its niche, there's a large gap made in the habitat. The entire organic community begins to fail because of this one creature. But not only does it destroy the community, but the bees begin to die off. There's nothing for them to do, and they aren't making the honey they survive on. It gradually destroys the organism, as well as its home."

Zyria blows some hair away from her face. "I'm sorry, that was a much longer answer I was expecting to give, I started rambling. What I'm saying is, I think I understand what you mean. You don't have a niche right now. And, well, I'd be happy to help you retrieve it again."

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Thu 15 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

Dreston turned towards Zyria, with a strange expression.

>How?

He wasn't sure what she was saying. Was she volunteering to be his new master? Hope swelled in Dreston's chest when he considered that. She was so kind, and he could never even imagine her ordering him to do something he didn't want to do. He would essentially keep his independence... but would have purpose again. He hoped, he really hoped that Zyria was implying that she could be his new master. But... he didn't want to get his hopes up. Dreston was fully aware that few people even began to understand him or care about him, and... maybe he was wrong about Zyria.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zyria
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:46 pm

"Hmm." Zyria looked down to the floor, and back up at Dreston. "Well, I would happily accept you if you'd like to work for me, but I don't want to just plainly expect I'd be your first choice. There are many Plutonians that would understand your position with a small explanation, as well. It's your choice; you should have a master that you think will treat you well, so you should decide."

~*~
"We become aware of the void as we fill it." ~Antonio Porchia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Dreston Turn
Sergeant
avatar

Male Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   Fri 16 Nov 2012, 3:55 pm

Dreston did not want to appear too eager.

>Honestly, anyone would really be fine...
>But I'm sure you can understand that I'd want to keep at least a little bit of freedom despite having a master again... once someone becomes my master I must do as they command; it's part of my programming... that doesn't mean that I'm always happy about it, though. I...

He paused for a long moment, looking at Zyria, trying to figure out if her offer to be his master had been genuine. He decided that it was, and continued.

>It would be nice to serve someone who I already know, even if I barely know them...
>I... I would like for you to be my master. But only if it's okay with you, of course.

~*~
“We are, we are, we are made from broken parts.
We are, we are, we are broken from the start.
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts.”

― "We Are" by Hollywood Undead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Your Best Chance   

Back to top Go down
 
Your Best Chance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dimensional Chess :: Roleplay :: 2nd Arc :: 12th Dimension RP-
Jump to: