Dimensional Chess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Custodian

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

Female Posts : 574

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2012, 12:47 pm

The Custodian had separated from the Somnis fleet. It had gone to the fifteenth dimension, where Lady Zyria's people waited on their planet, with nowhere to run from Verax and no attack strategies they could use against him. It made her angry. It made her hate Verax even more, with a fiery passion. The way he threatened and killed so many innocent people... A tremble went down the Custodian's "central nervous system" at the thought of it. She had been designed as a caretaker, a protector, a... a custodian. Designed to protect the weak. To save people. To keep them safe and take care of them for as long as they needed her. Her evacuation bays were huge, and though the quarters built into her were small, they were cozy and comfortable. She wanted to save people. She wanted to help everyone she could.

So she hovered, completely invisible to everyone that might have tried to detect her, above the Plutonian homeworld. She was excited for her first possible rescue mission that wasn't rescuing the people who'd created her, but she knew that she had to make sure that they wanted to be rescued at all.

She prepared a message, carefully constructing the image and sound quality to be her voice--the same one that could be heard inside the ship. But for the image she was a bit lost. Her creators had not designed a physical identity for her, so... in the end she just settled on a pre-taken image of herself--the ship itself, that was. It went as follows.

"Hello, people of Pluto." Her voice had a very gentle, soothing quality to it. "I am the Custodian, and though I know your sensors cannot detect me I can promise that I mean no malice. I was created by the Somnis people, your allies, and I am here to help if you should desire my assistance."
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

Female Posts : 299

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2012, 4:30 am

The guard lounging at the small, dusty military system nearly fell off of his chair when the message began, blasting full-volume.

"Damn it all, who the hell leaves a transmitter at full volume?"

The guard's name was not important. Where he was from, not important. Why he'd chosen the military, also not important. No, the only important thing that moment about that man was that he was an ordinary goofy soldier, left in charge of an entire planet.

And he didn't even know about the burden.

So, when the Custodian's voice echoed through the small room, the guard was certainly irritated. He scooted the chair to the door, and yelled out, "Hey! Why wasn't there any warning of this?!"

One small scientist with thin glasses raised a hand. "Uhm, sorry, sir. This was a complete surprise. The sensors must not cover whatever frequency it is on. There's a slight alteration in our atmosphere, which is most likely due to this...whatever it is. But, we didn't think it enough evidence that there was something there. It wouldn't help, though, either, because it doesn't help us locate it specifically."

"Okay, well, one: aren't we checking /EVERY/ frequency?! And, two: OF COURSE THAT'S IMPORTANT INFORMATION. TELL ME NEXT TIME."

The scientist cowered. "Will do, sir. A-and, well, it's physically impossible to keep track of /every/ frequency. We cover most, yes, but not all. It's most likely this thing is running on an old frequency that is no longer used by other ships."

"GAH!" The guard swung back into his small room, and began a reply. "How can we know you don't intend violence? And what exactly would you be able to help us with if we /DID/ need it?" The guard wasn't being polite, exactly, but he was given the responsibility of the planet for his good military actions, not for his manners.
Back to top Go down
http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2012, 9:35 pm

The Custodian was slightly taken aback. She had feelings too, don't you know?! Well... she couldn't really stay made for any period of time. It was against her programming.

"Oh, I'm sorry if there's been some kind of misunderstanding! I'm only shielded like this because I know that Verax's ships are around, and they can't know I'm here! Anyways... I was built by the Somnis people! They ARE your allies, after all... But I can help you! I'm made to evacuate people, and I already have a bunch of the Somnis people in my evac bays! I know that you haven't submitted to Verax yet, so he'll be here pretty soon to force you into submission or to wipe you out! So please, if you care for your people... let me save you. I promise, no harm will come to you while you're on board..."

If anything, her words were earnest, and sincere. She was innocent sounding--but not the kind of innocence that someone would fake to cover up bad intentions. She sounded like she really did just want to help.
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:28 pm

"Hmph." The guard scooted back to the door to the scientist. "Hey! Verax's ships, are they nearby?"

"They never left, sir."

"....hmph." Sliding back from the door, he replied to the Custodian. "Well, I dunno how we're going to figure this out. I can't put my entire people's lives at risk for something I can't even see. So, we'll have to--"

"That's enough, Captain." Zeif's voice rang out around the room. "I'm arriving near Pluto momentarily, I can inspect the ship myself." From messenger to messenger, Zeif spoke to the Custodian. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm locating you from the frequency you're using. I'm expecting that you'll realize it when I've locked on--that may be your fail safe--but I think it would be better if I found you secretly, so that I can make my way on board without Verax's men taking notice. If you'd rather not, you can reveal yourself in any way, and I'll make my way to you."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 3:56 pm

If the Custodian had been in possession of a face, she would have smiled.

"Fantastic! Whichever way you prefer is A-okay with me! I've heard about you, Commander Zeif--er, I mean, there's a little bit of information about you in my data logs. It will completely be my pleasure to meet you! Go right ahead and make your way on board. I'll have a Somnis ambassador meet you once you arrive, and though I'll greet you as well, I won't be able to welcome you with a handshake because I don't yet have a body to control. In any case, I'm delighted that you're willing to come on board and see that I'm telling the truth!"

Her voice was pleased with the same tone that a young child would have upon a parent deciding to buy them the teddy bear they had always wanted, and throw in a giant lollipop with it.
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 8:46 pm

Zeif half-smiled, slightly amused. "All right. Locking on....now." A small image of the Custodian showed up on his screen, finally showing him how the ship looked. "Okay, I'm making my way to your northern docking bay." Slowly, so as not to attract attention from Verax's ships, Zeif tried to imitate an asteroid's movement with the small ship, so as to hide him at least visibly.

Finally, Zeif reached the gate. "Okay, as you can probably tell, I'm here, ready to board."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm

The docking clamps opens and allows Zeif's ship to enter, and he finds... a kazesqui, standing in the bay, waiting to greet him. At least, he thinks it's a kazesqui. This one looks cheerful and bright, coloration marked with bright reds and deep blues. He hears the Custodian's girlish voice introduce him to "Quin-Eli, who is here with the Somnis people despite the fact that she is not considered a part of the Empire currently. She wishes to become involved with current events regarding the war."

"In fact I do, Commander Zeif!" Eli picked up, "I wish to become involved in higher politics--it's all quite fascinating. Really, I just want to get to know you all! The leaders, I mean." Her voice was rather masculine for someone who was supposedly female, though the genderless nature of the kazesqui left it open for personal decision. Eli's eyes were bright. "If you have any questions about this ship or the people on this ship, ask me or the Custodian. We'll both answer your questions gladly."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 12:04 pm

DONE
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 5:57 pm

Zeif nods in greeting as the Kazesqui greets him. "Well, you just might, if you stick around long enough. I cannot guarantee that you'll get along with all of them, though." He half-smiles at the truth, and looks around the bay. "Do you mind explaining how exactly you'll be helping my people, Custodian? And if I take a look around while you inform me?" Zeif turns on a small radio that connects to the guard back on Pluto, so that he can hear as well.
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 6:07 pm

The Custodian answers cheerfully, "I don't mind at all! Feel free to roam the entire ship, no areas are off-limits. As for helping your people, my cloaking systems are highly advanced, and almost no one is able to easily detect me without knowing where to look. You've seen this for yourself. If, for example, Verax had to search through every single dimension, he would never find us. Only if he had knowledge of our location would he be able to find me at all. We keep moving, so he wouldn't be able to keep track of us very well either. I am designed so that any and all otherwise detectable signals or frequencies are kept from penetrating my hull, which assists in stealth as well.

"As for... other problems, we are currently working as fast as we can to develop an entirely perfect solution for staying hidden and preserved in the worst possible circumstances. I guarantee that we will find one, and that it will be satisfactory."

The Custodian paused. "In addition, we will soon be joined by another member of the Pentad, the Aegis. The Pentad is what we call the five ships that will serve different purposes in the coming days of the war. The Aegis is going to be a defensive ship, that will protect me and all of the people on board from attack should we be discovered. The only time we are vulnerable is during landfall, when we descend to collect refugees. The Aegis will protect us in these circumstances. In addition, we have one other member of the Pentad completed; the Fabricator. He is essentially a factory and repair center, and is almost as well shielded as we are. Should I be damaged, however unlikely that may be, repairs will come to us."

"Um... I think that's everything. Do you have any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep 2012, 1:56 am

Zeif holds a hand over his mouth as he ponders. After looking around, everything seemed quite straight forward; each part of this ship was made to help those in need. "Hmmm, well, everything seems to check out. Guard, begin alerting everyone of the evacuation. Prepare the injured and bedridden."

"Y-yes, sir!"

"Oh, and guard, tell every Plutonian to take what they can."

"Sir? Why take things that aren't necessary?"

"Because....we might not be coming back."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep 2012, 3:44 am

The Custodian was glad to hear that Zeif was prepared for the worst.

"We will have plenty of space on board; as you have seen, my evacuation bays and apartment-style living arrangements will have more than enough room for your people and anything they might want to bring." Her voice was bright and cheerful, and she seemed delighted that Zeif had... approved of her.

"Also, I'd prefer to wait to make landfall until your people are completely ready; the longer we stay on the surface the more time we're vulnerable to attack. There have been some problems with the AI of the Aegis, so he won't be arriving soon enough to protect us, unfortunately. Is there any problem with delaying my landing until they're ready on the surface?"
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep 2012, 10:49 am

Zeif nods once. "That's fine. It won't be long, anyway; we have been in lockdown for quite sometime, so everything is already folded away, it's just the matter of my people recollecting their things." He looked down at the radio. "Guard, prepare a transmission over all of Pluto. On our hidden emergency frequency, please."

"It is done, Commander."

Zeif cleared his throat, and spoke through the radio to his people. "There has been a change of plans. We are to evacuate the planet, and board a ship hidden nearby ship, where we can escape from Verax. As you have been told, take everything you can, not just necessities. We may be gone for some time, and you'll want whatever sentimental comfort you can get. As soon as every able-bodied Plutonian is checked in at the military base, we will begin descending. You may stay with family, whether they healthy or bedridden. Those that are wounded or sick will board first. Now, hurry!"

Zeif cut the connection, and pressed a finger to his right temple. "I suppose I should speak with the Princess, as well." Zeif pressed a series of buttons, and Sphar's whispered voice echoed softly around the room.

"Yes? Commander?"

"I must speak with Lady Zyria."

"My apologies, sir, but she cannot be distracted into leaving now. The topics are quite....tense."

"Then tell her yourself. She must now that I have activated serial 38K17NG8. Tell her /immediately/."

"....Y-yes, sir. Right away, sir."

"Good. Ask her to speak with me when she can." With that, Zeif flicked off the messenger, and looked at an old watch he had strapped around his wrist, then spoke to the Custodian. "All planetary evacuation preparation should be finished in about 27 seconds."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

Quin-Eli grinned, "27 seconds, eh? I've got to say, I'm impressed. I've heard a lot about the Plutonians and they're amazing technological advances... I'd love to see some of those clever gadgets for myself. Well, some other time, maybe."

The Custodian acknowledged, and then listed out a bunch of commands and warnings to prepare for landfall. The massive ship made a slow descent, cloaking devices disengaging so that when the ship broke through the atmosphere, it could be seen coming by nearly half the planet. The landfall lasted over 27 seconds, but by the time it finally reached the surface, the Custodian landed heavily, practically on top of a city, on massive pillars that allowed it to be above the surface and still perfectly lined up for evacuation protocols. Hundreds of smaller ships released from the Custodian's underbelly and made their way down to the city, landing and opening for the boarding of the Plutonian now-refugees. On each one there was a small team of Somnis people who had volunteered to help the Plutonians on board and comfort them about leaving their beloved planet.

Overall, the operation is extremely successful and over quite quickly, and within less than a half-hour, the Custodian is preparing for departure, while the Plutonians settle into their new accommodations.

The Custodian was cheerful. "That went remarkably well, and very smoothly." The pillars supporting the ship retracted as the engines warmed up enough to keep it off the ground, and then the ascent was underway. "Unfortunately, most others that we will evacuate may not be as prepared as your people were... but I commend you and the Plutonians as a whole for making the evacuation smooth and successful." Simultaneously, she was also registering each Plutonian that had been brought aboard so that their every need would be known and taken care of, directing the new inhabitants to their quarters once they were registered and had been assigned a room, ensuring that anyone who was weak or injured be taken immediately to the hospital sector of the ship, and beginning to prepare all other necessities for the Plutonians' use.

Oh, how the Custodian loved her job. It was all she could do to make these displaced people feel safe and at home. A small job, but one she was proud of.
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2012, 5:03 pm

Zeif smiled sadly. "Yes, we are always prepared for escape. I've been told that, since Robless attacked the Princess in her home NegaDimension, our people have always been prepared to leave. If it keeps our people alive, it will be done." He looked over at the retreating figures of his people, all looking for their new homes. "It will be hard on them. All of them. That small world was ours, completely ours. After so many millennia of making it our home, the loss with be great. If only our Princess was here to comfort us. Instead, she risks her life at a meeting that will certainly be futile. I'm quite sure she'd consider bending to Verax's will, no matter what he asked, mostly because she felt she didn't have a choice. Now, though, her people are safe, so she can deny Verax all she wants.

"I just hope it doesn't get her killed."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2012, 7:54 pm

The Custodian didn't know what to say about that. "From what I know of your Princess, it seems as though that won't be a problem. Then again, I don't know her personally, so it's hard to say. But I can't imagine that she would plainly oppose Verax in any way that would endanger her. Also, Verax would not kill her. I have extensive data on him from multiple sources, and though his actions are unpredictable, I do understand that he does not wish to harm any of the leaders. He thinks highly of them, and would prefer that this... conquest... be done as bloodlessly as possible. I exist to protect those who simply do not see that they can give in to his demands. The farther he gets in his crusade, though, the fewer places we will have to hide."

The Custodian sighed. "I feel I should share with you the other two members of the Pentad whose construction has not yet begun, as they will be keystone should hiding become too difficult. The next ship to be built will be the Vigilante. He will fight for us, for those who oppose Verax. He will be the ideal ship to fight, and will also be assisted by the Accomplice and the Aegis. The Accomplice shall oftentimes serve as a distraction while the Vigilante strikes or we escape. We have a plan, Commander, and even more failsafe measures in case we still fail that are still in development. In any case, staying with the Pentad is certainly your best bet."
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 6:54 pm

Zeif listened, tapping a finger to his lips. "By the sound of it, you have just about everything planned out. That's good, Plutonians feel more secure when everything is planned, even if things may not actually work out that way. A good plan is a good start."

Zeif began pacing uncertainly, worried for Zyria still. I trust in her to do what's best, but she's the princess, everyone's worrying about her....

~~~

Zyria, having left Verax's ship, pondered. "Something big must have happened. A full-out evacuation, we've never needed one, the shield has always saved us.....Well, no sense in thinking to myself..." She bent over and turned on communications. "Zeif? This is Lady Zyria."

"Princess! Thank the galaxies! How are you? Unhurt?"

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. Why did you evacuate my planet?"

"...As hard as it was to do, I decided another option was better for your people."

"And which option is that?"

"Well....how soon will you arrive here?"

"Soon."

"Then I will send you coordinates to a ship that is hiding near the planet. You can board as soon as you get here."

"...So be it." With that Zyria shut off communications.

~~~

Zeif, with a sigh of relief, looked up 'at' the Custodian. "She'll be here momentarily. There's no need to worry about her being violent, of course." He smirked, chuckling a little. "She'll be more curious as to how you work, so be prepared for an onslaught of questions."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 10:06 pm

The Custodian chuckled lightly, and seemed to say as if smiling, "Well, I am prepared for it all. I'm very excited to meet the Princess, but as soon as she arrives it would be best for us to leave, before Verax realizes we are here."

((Lol... sorry for such a short post, but I really have nothing else to say...))
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 1:21 am

[Lol, totally fine, I figured-before we ended the thread-Zyria would have to arrive, so I tried to hop to it]

Zeif nodded. "Yes, I'm sure she'll agree." Even though it hadn't been very long, Zeif's communicator sounded, and Zyria's voice echoed out of it.

"Zeif, what in Pluto's name is that? It took a complete rewiring of the scanners on my side to even see a glimmer of the vessel you've boarded."

"It's our ticket to survival, Princess. Go ahead and board, and I'll introduce you."

"....All right, Zeif, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. If this is really the solution to our problems, I will write an official statement saying that you've earned my respect."

Zeif chuckled. "Save your paper, Lady. Whatever respect you have for me is returned tenfold."

"Well, no matter, I making my way toward you, have the ship open for docking."

Zeif, not even replying, turned back to the Custodian. "If you please? As soon as she's boarded, you can begin the transfer out of here." A smile of devious delight danced in his eyes. "She's given you the benefit of the doubt, we're already good to go."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

The Custodian was a step ahead and had already opened the central docking bay, and had directed a welcoming team out to meet her, composed of a few high-ranking Plutonians (so she would be more comfortable with boarding) and a few Somnis people as well. She said quietly to Zeif, "If you would direct your Princess to carry out her boarding with utmost speed and efficiency, that would be much appreciated... I intend to sound a small beacon that her ship should be able to track for boarding purposes. I am quite a large ship, after all, and it wouldn't be pleasant for her to miss the dock... but I fear that Verax's ships might catch the beacon. We'll need to leave a few seconds after it sounds just in case. I have heard that the Aegis, who will be our main protection, is completed and on its way, but he won't arrive before then. If Verax's ships were to show up... the only thing between us and them would be the cloaking devices. I'm sure you can see why we'll need to hurry."
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 10:32 pm

Zyria, having located the docking station after the scan, did not necessarily need the beacon; it certainly helped in easing her worries that her calculations were off, or the scanner defective. Quickly, her ship slipped through space to the ship, and disappeared behind the doors As soon as she brushed past, the doors slammed shut. Not exactly welcoming... As she saw her colleges waiting for her, though, her doubts vanished. She may not trust her entire kingdom's welfare in them, but the skittish group would definitely be running if there was something off.

She nodded to the other Plutonians, and the Somnis people. Zyria quickly made her way through the walkways, making her way to Zeif. He better have a good excuse for all of this.

((I didn't really want to get too far, figured you'd wanna type up the Custodian escaping and whatnot.))
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 11:08 pm

((Cool.))

The Custodian immediately engaged the interdimensional jump drives, and within seconds the ship vanished, reappearing in the 12th Dimension, one empty of any enemies that could wish to harm the ship's precious cargo. The passengers would have hardly felt anything as the engines blasted them through the barrier between dimensions, as the Custodian was designed for comfort.

During the ship's checks over the refugees from Pluto, she noticed two individuals that seemed a little off to her, and she figured she would ask the Princess about them at a later time. As Lady Zyria seemed to stalk her way through the halls, the Custodian found it to be the best idea to remain silent until Commander Zeif had a chance to explain.
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Closing this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Custodian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Custodian   The Custodian I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Custodian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dimensional Chess :: Roleplay :: 2nd Arc :: 15th Dimension RP-
Jump to: