Dimensional Chess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Slight Chance

Go down 
+2
Eris-Tam
Verax
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

Male Posts : 278

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 7:18 pm

The Voyager left, alone and apart from the Penumbra Armada. With it, it carried Verax, Aya, Vabin, Zevon, and Krakot. Oswald given temporary charge to manage the Armada while The Dreadlord was away. Warping to the 14th, and unclaimed realm, The Voyager appeared. Bearing two flags, one was one of peace, the other of conquest. The Voyager alone was an army, and more than enough to put down any independent parties. What Verax was sending was the message that he came in peace, for now, and that this placed belonged to him. As they down a narrow hallway, shiny navy-blue walls and a white tiled floor, silence pr evaded. Once the meeting room came into view, Verax started to speak, still walking as if on a mission, filled with a sense of purpose.

Without turning around, the Dreadlord ordered his followers, "Okay, we're not here to make friends. We're here to possibly squeeze as many Dimensions possible from the assorted pip-squeaks as we can, then we inform them the ones they didn't hand over are next. This is a process speed-up in the form of diplomacy. Act accordingly." As he said this, they reached the room, an oval shaped, regal looking room.

With a blood red carpet, with an intricate gold trim, marble pillars, tapestries bearing the mark of Verax (Which, for future reference, looks like a sharp, angular red V on top of a smaller black circle. The ends of the V curl down then away from the circle and end in a artistic spiral. Above the V is an open eye). Two crescent shaped tables sat facing each other (So basically, the tables look like ) (), and in the middle of them was a holographic projector, which could change to display anything from the holo-panels next to each chair. These panels were isolated from the majority of the Voyager, so no one could access any of the ship's data from them.

"Remember, where we sit matters too. We want to give the right impressions. Everything counts, what we do here today could by no exaggeration, impact the entirety of our campaign." And Verax sat at the head of the far table. Aya to his immediate right, Vabin to his left, Zevon to his far right, and Krakot to his far left.

Then they waited, as the Voyager used nearly all the transmitters and relays it could to bounce around a signal. A message. "I am the Dreadlord Verax, I request the presence of Lady Zyria of the Plutonians, Lady Somnis of the Kazesqui, Archelaus of the Alteriia, Commander Valderis Robless of the NSI, and Lord Emerik of the Martians. I request your presences at the Voyager in the 14th Dimension. You do not have to come, but this summit will decide how I act upon your realms. It would be in your best interests to come. I will be waiting." Within moments, every major media agency was being played this message.

They have to come now. Verax thought. They can't look weak or scared of me in front of the entire universe. Within him, Shade tried to mock him, but something was blocking the it. This time, you Devil, you won't alter me. He glanced at Aya, who just by chance happened to be looking at him, he gave a small, reassuring grin, even if she didn't need it. Meanwhile, Shade howled.

Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

Female Posts : 574

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

Aya sat with a slight smirk on her face as she watched the metaphysical representation of Shade, keeping well away from her, and she was glad that Verax had chosen to place her just next to him. That probably meant that there was a much slimmer chance of Shade breaking out during the meeting, which would be completely unproductive. But then again, it was all purely speculation.

---

Eris-Tam was busy. Ell was quite the handful to raise... her development seemed to be slightly slower than Aya's, but that was probably purely chance. She received Verax's message only moments after he sent it, and frowned in frustration. They always pick the worst times...

She initiated a feed to him from the nearby console, and she seemed a little frazzled when she came across the interdimensional feed. "Uhm... Verax, I'd love to come to this meeting of yours, but for one thing, I'm a little busy. I have no particular desire to leave Ell here without her mother and father, and on top of that, I have very little control over the Somnis Empire at the present time. The better person to contact, as I'm sure you're aware (...?) would be General Kenzeron Redmond. He's basically in charge of the Empire right now, since I'm so busy... Now... was there anything else? It would be lovely to see the two of you, but I'm afraid that if you don't absolutely need me, then I really ought to stay here.
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 9:29 pm

Verax opened and closed his mouth like a fish. "I-uh. WHAT!?" He was flabergasted. This was an insult right to his face, not worth her time? "YOU! What on Earth do you take me for?! You WILL come here! You of all people need to come here, Hell, bring Ell if you have to, but if Archelaus shows up, you HAVE to!" His voice was completley histerical, he was losing it.

He whispered this next part, "Aya is helping me greatly with my...... problem, but if Archelaus comes, you have to as well. Shade hates the Alteriians with a burning passion, it hates Naru with a burning passion, I'm afraid it will act up if he comes here, and if it does, you're the only one that can help smooth things over."

Then he leaned back up. "And besides, I understand Ell is a bit... pushy. Disrespect, to anyone, is not allowed on my ship. If you bring her, it might serve a.... real life..... application, to why one needs to mind their own mouth. But seriously, if Archy is gallops over here in whatever the Alteriians parade around in these days, you're coming with him. When you put me and him in the same room, accidents are prone to happen."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 10:30 pm

Tam couldn't help but laugh at the first part of his reaction. She seemed interested at the part about Aya, and smiled at the words "You're the only one that can help smooth things over." But she frowned when Verax mentioned Ell. Next to Verax, Aya opened her mouth in disdain as if to protest this, but then she thought better of it and closed her mouth.

"Verax, bringing Ell... might not possibly be the best idea. I'm sure Aya has... briefed you on the situation. They... don't exactly get along. I knew it was more than just normal sibling rivalry, because... well, you know, but I just told everyone else that normal was all that it was. If... If I do bring her, and something happens... you can't be... too harsh on her. Like... don't explode or anything. Archie would be pissed. I would be too. So... yeah. But seriously, you really need me to come? I mean... really?"
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 10:45 pm

"Don't get your royal panties in a bunch, I won't harm little Ell at.... wait, are we talking physical are phychological damage?" The unamused glare he got was enough an answer. "Just kidding just kidding... and you said you didn't want to leave her alone. I understand the first few weeks are the most important? You have to take care of your child. Believe me, I have no desire to have TWO of your children on board, especially if they're oposites. I mean really, if Ell is opposite to Aya, I'd be more afraid of her than you! If I were afraid of you at all. And I'm not. So, yeah. Unless you have a clone of yourself that can babysit the royal pain, I suppose you'll have to bring her. No promises about the exploding though. I mean, look at whose invited to this little party. Explosions FOLLOW you people. I can arrange a free hour in the water park if you want after this. Or dragon riding. OOOOOH I have to go do that after this, I oh so love Dragonriding. I love it so much, I l blessed an entire section of my military with the joy of being able to feel it whenever they're deployed. Also, cake. There will be cake, KRAKOT, GO GET THE CAKE!"

"But the kitchens on the other side of the ship!"

"MOVE SOLDIER!" Verax bellowed. Oh how he loved his family. Krakot just stuttered a few times before warping out of the room.

"Thats better. Now, uh, what were we talking about?"
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 11:40 pm

Tam just grinned, and said, "Nothing. Absolutely nothing." She legitimately looked delighted to be coming to visit the Dreadlord, and that made sense only if you considered what Tam had been through back at Crenel. Verax was the first person that she learned to trust after the parasite had finished desecrating her mind. She didn't know him when they met, so she had nothing against him from the start. Beyond that, he showed her kindness when she believed that kindness didn't even exist. So it was easy to see how she trusted him so easily, and would be excited to see him for the first time since their mostly unpleasant last meeting.

When she heard Ell's voice in the background, she turned slightly and called, "Ell, get ready to go! We're leaving to visit... your... one of your uncles!" She didn't respond to Ell's confused call back, only turned back to Verax, grinning. "Be there in ten?"

Last edited by Eris-Tam on Sun 09 Sep 2012, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 11:55 pm

Verax was confused. Very, very confused. They were friends? They were acting like it. This was getting ridiculous. "Uhhh.... sure. As long as you three behave, things will be.... o....kay............" He started slowing down, realizing something. This isn't right! I'm supposed to be evil! I think. Gah! What is wrong with me? I feel like I'm acting like this for someone's amusement. Oh well. I must just be imagining things. But really....

"Erm... okay? If the others are confused with why your so openly happy and friendly with me, I'm going to get swingy with a big sword. If they start asking awkward questions, I'm going to get swingy with a big sword. If they don't like my cake, I'm going to make them eat it. If Ell says her uncle is ugly, she's leaving my ship through a trap door.... you know what, just forget all that. See you soon. Bye." And he shut off the comminications. He turned slowly to Aya.

"If that conversation didn't hit it home, I have no way to explain to you why I prefer to live alone."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2012, 12:36 am

Aya just smirked a little, amused by the way that her mother had interacted with Verax.

---

Ten minutes later, as promised, Eris-Tam and Eris-Ell arrived, much to Aya's distaste. But Tam came into the meeting room first, grinning happily, her translucent-y pale blue form swirling with delight. She smiled almost shyly at the other people seated at the table, but came AROUND it just to come over to Verax. She reached him, and then seemed impatient, expecting him to stand because she wanted a hug. Parenting had made Tam a little more amiable to other adults, and she was excited to see Verax for the first time in weeks, on much better terms. Hah. Better terms. That was just how she saw it, which was only ironic to everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2012, 2:47 pm

Verax looked at her. Are you kidding me? Really?! But he knew if he didn't give her what she wanted, this would only get worse. And with his current situation, he couldn't allow things to get any worse.

"Hm? Oh! Okay okay fine." So he stood up, gave her a very, very awkward hug (in his defense, have YOU ever tried hugging someone you planned to be enemies with while wearing two-ton armor? It's not easy.). "Uh, if you'd sit at the spot opposite to Aya, that'd be, you know, adequate." Then he quickly returned to his seat, surprised it didn't get crushed with how hard he sat down. He then distracted himself with question just how sturdy all the seats in the ship were if they all supported his wait, armor and all. "Tell me, do you have any ideas when the good Commander or any of the other guests I invited will show up?"

At that moment Krakot burst into the room, carrying two cakes, and hunched over, breathing heavily, which was odd, because he was mostly synthetic. "I.... have... the cakes.... my Dreadlord......" He wheezed. Verax raised his eyebrow in suspicion.

"Why do you sound so tired?" At this Krakot, after gently placing the two cakes on a table by the entrance, exploded.

"WHY? YOU JUST MADE ME RUN ALMOST 43 THOUSHAND KILOMETERS IN ELEVEN MINUTES! IT'S NOT THAT-"

"Okay you can sit down now." Verax interrupted. Krakot, too tired to argue, plopped down next to Vabin, who gave a mere glance to acknowledge Krakot even existed.

Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2012, 2:58 pm

Tam shrugged, pursing her lips and putting her hands on her hips momentarily. "Well, I'm not sure. Archie should be here soon, not sure what's taken him so long. Can't say about the others, though. Emerik's been pretty hermity lately, not sure he'll even show up. Zyria will come, most likely, and Robless. Dunno about the rest." She paused, remembering something, but still hadn't sat down.

"I suppose I should call Ell in... no doubt she's uncomfortable in the hallway without me." Aya rolled her eyes subtly enough that Tam didn't see it, but Verax did. Tam popped over to the door, opening it and ushering Ell inside. She was young, though to anyone not familiar with the kazesqui she might have seemed just as old as her mother. Her coloration was slightly lighter than her mothers, and her form was more spindly and almost spider-like in proportions, though her actual form was relatively similar to her mother's. She seemed suspicious of everyone in the room, and her eyes burned with hatred when they found her sister, who was making a point of not looking at her. Ell's eyes questioned which seat she should sit at, but she settled for one next to her mother and directly across from her sister. But then she looked at Verax, and said plainly, "You're not my uncle. You're the enemy. My mom shouldn't be friends with you, either." There was an undertone though, as she glanced at Aya, of But I'm not that surprised that she's here.
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2012, 3:18 pm

Verax doubled over laughing, pounding the polished marble table. When he stopped laughing he looked up. "Well wouldn't you know it? You're not nearly as dumb as you look! And thank you, Major Lieutenant Warrant Master Sergeant Corporal Captain Obvious, for pointing out I'm the enemy. It means I won't have to waste the extra minute of my life explaining it to you."

He laughed again. "You're also right in saying I'm not your uncle! And I'm damn proud of it too. You know Archie tried to kill me once? Well, at this point it's more like ten or twelve times, but you know what? Never mind! Please, do tell me though, is it your place to choose who your mom should and shouldn't be friends with? Would you like some cake?" He gestured to the two white eloquently frosted desserts by the entrance. He turned to Aya, smiling.

"Is she normally this blunt? HAH!" He turned back to Ell again, thoroughly enjoying himself. "A word of advise, you should probably think about what say, the biggest rule on MY ship, no one disrespects another. We try to be one big family here. And you know, when someone in our family is in trouble or being mistreated, we can have an entire FLEET of dragons pop over, like this!" And at that, Odin, Zevon's Yahji, similar in appearance to Fluffy, burst his head through the wall next to the cakes, and roared before pulling its head back, and loudly tromping away, even adding a disdained, snooty snort for added effect. Verax just laughed as he used telekinesis to put the wall back together, and firmly attaching all the pieces, bonding them together with fire.

"How have you been recently, Tam? I don't hear much in my Empire. What'd you all do after Crenel?"

Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2012, 3:26 pm

Ell looked indignant, but she generally seemed to treat Verax with a general attitude that she wasn't going to listen to anything he had to say. Aya just averted her eyes impatiently and in frustration, because even being around Ell made her uncomfortable. Ell certainly would risk openly bullying Aya in front of everyone; no, it wasn't like that. Aya could resent Ell in front of people. She could act angry. But when it came down to moments of privacy, Aya was... terrified by Ell. Ell was stronger than her, physically, and Aya hadn't yet learned to use her mental adeptness to attack. Ell hated her. Hated her more than Aya thought she could be hated by anything else. Aya didn't particularly hate Ell, just feared her, like predator and prey.

Tam only flushed with embarrassment. "Not... a whole lot... I... I'm still not sure I trust everyone completely... but things... mostly went back to... normal? I guess... everyone went their separate ways."

"Oh, and uh... Verax? Did you invite General Redmond to this meeting? I told you that you should..."
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2012, 3:43 pm

"Hm? Oh, okay fine." He used his holograpghic projector to display Kenzeron. "Impressive, huh? Yeah, I can just put in someone's name, and, BOOP, there they are! Wait, is the audio on? No, hold on a sec.... THERE we go! HEY, REDMOND!" Suddenly Kenzeron could see and hear a holographic display of Verax. "Yeah, there's kinda a party goin on down here in the 14th! Theres drinks, cake, and oh yeah, your Empress is here too, and she'd kinda like it if you showed up. TAH TAH!" And he closed communications. "I love my job. I never get to say that enough, but I love my job."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2012, 4:11 pm

It was about fifteen uncomfortable minutes before Kenzeron arrived. He wasn't happy about this. Having to come at all. He sighed as he entered the meeting room, conducting himself in a very general-y way, a businesslike manner. He only acknowledged the people in the room with a brief, sharp nod, and chose a seat strangely far from the Empress. It wasn't strange though, not really. He was demonstrating the Somnis empire's individuality from her, even with this small action. After he sat he rested his elbows on the table, lacing his fingers and sitting there calmly.

Tam smiled at him, but received no response.

IN BETWEEN THIS POST AND THE NEXT POST, THIS IS WHAT ARCHIE SAID/DID:

Highly advanced spy-drones circled the DreadLord's ship, the Voyager. Alteriian drone technology was so advanced that the Voyagers relatively weak sensors (per its size) were unable to detect them. The Voyager was created to destroy things, not find them.

Scout ships skirted the edges of the dimension, which was home to varying small space-faring nations, which inhabited only a few dozen planets of the dimension's realm. Weak, but creative and industrious, the nations shivered behind the Voyager's presence. The drones continued to relay data, fleet positions, Voyager's emissions, any ships that were around, near, or within warping zone of the dimension.

They prepared battle analysis gave swath after swath of undetectable information to the Alteriian fleets, laying just out of range of the Voyager's sensors. The battle data was useful, but was by no means the ace card the Alteriians intended to play.

Video feeds were suddenly sent from the voyager, coming from immense broadcasters, toward several dimensions.

The Alteriian sensor network immediately blocked the broadcast toward Alteriian worlds, but others would probably had to listen to Verax's insane rantings.

Archelaus watched the message himself, curious of what Verax would say. Surely no one in their right minds could listen to the mass murderer, the most evil man to exist in the face of the universe, the one who conquered with blood, who had no mercy, no compassion, no heart, and nothing to look forward to in the afterlife with Naru. He was an empty husk, all the light and goodness devoid from his heart, filled with delusions of grandeur and shadows.

Evil was never grand.

But Archelaus listened anyway, in case Verax made a mistake somehow.

The message was simple, and pointless.

Verax did not make peace, he made war. He was war. He drove himself to war. He did not want to bargain with anyone, he did not want diplomacy with anyone, he wanted death for everyone, and he wanted supremacy for himself. He would not stop until every society was ripped from its freedom, from its natural rights under Naru, or until every last race in the universe was destroyed.

Archelaus nearly laughed at the absurdity. Diplomacy and Verax did not mix.
Neither did Alteriians mix well with being conquered.
It was time to end this monster's inane babbling, and send him tail tucked between his legs to his destroyed home planet.

Using his command console, Archelaus sent messages to the various fleets, and the Vindicator Assembly. "Prepare to deploy, on my mark."

Last edited by Eris-Tam on Sun 12 May 2013, 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

Tam's mind was storming darkly. Not angrily, just sadly, in confusion. Archelaus had such a hard time understanding why she cared for Verax. When she'd brought it up with him before he seemed to retreat into himself, seemed older than he was, and there was this sadness about him. Tam had explained it so many times--how Verax had been the first one to find her after her stay in Crenel, the first one to convince her to trust again, the first one to she her any kindness. And maybe she was naive to believe that he wasn't a monster. Maybe the monster was the true part and the kindness she'd seen was just a ruse. But she knew about Shade, while no one else did. It wasn't his fault. He was doing what he had to, and trying to do it in the best possible way--the way that would save the most people.

And it was a severe misunderstanding if Archie thought she cared for Verax in a romantic way. It wasn't like that, wasn't like that at all. But she knew him, felt she knew him, felt like she had seen a glimpse of his soul, and felt like she was the only one who could help him. She loved Verax almost like a brother, almost like a younger brother, as strange as that was. What she represented to him... she didn't really understand that either. How she could affect him on such a level, bring his soft, kind, benevolent side to the surface and dimish the darkness.

Tam did not agree with what he was doing. She didn't like that he was attacking her people and her friends' people, but she knew why. She'd seen the truth, and it had made everything clear to her. He was doing this only because he had to. He was doing this to save the world from Shade.

Tam touched the bond between her and Archelaus briefly, but what she felt was confusing...
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 5:11 pm

Archelaus...... y-you...... you'll ruin EVERYTHING?! Again and again... why.... why are you the one who keeps getting in my way?! WHY!?! His rage was so immense, that even to someone not proficient in the ways of the mind, like Ell, could feel the rage swirling within Verax.

SNAP! it was the sound of a chain breaking. Unknown to Verax, any Kazesqui could see Shade's metaphysical presence. and right now, Eris-Tam, Eris-Aya, and Eris-Ell could all see it. Rising up, as if pushing itself to its feet, they saw Shade, but faded, and darkening in and out of focus, as if trying and failing to form a corporeal state. In it's full form, the full demon, standing where Verax was sitting, it's translucent form emanating nothing but pure, raw evil. But it looked bound, as if tied with some invisible rope, or bound with some invisible chain. It flailed about, roaring, its ghastly aura visible to everyone else. Its aura looked like black fire, which danced around Verax. Inside the fire where fleeting glimpses of tortured faces, all with piercing red eyes. The fire did not crackle, but sounded more like an ominous chorus. It was the sound of wailing souls.

Krakot could not show fear, has he had no face, but he felt terrified. Zevon stood, his spear in hand. Vabin however, silently floated in midair. His rotting purple eye lit with excitement.

Verax limped over to a console, and bellowed into it, "Do not attack! Ready the entire army, but do not attack! ARGH!" And he fell to one knee, before in a guttural tone growling, "If they attack, wipe them ALL, OUT!"

At this, the dark shadowy fire vanished, as if blown away by some invisible wind. The Demon smiled before turning into smoke and dissipating.

----------

This sent a clear messages, Shade was awakening, slowly but surely. As well, it's very presence affected different people differently. For Verax, it brought out his worst, his anger, his impulsivity, his haste, his thirst for revenge. To others, like Krakot and Zevon, who did not see it, they felt a darkness drowning them, threatening to crush them in hopelessness. To Vabin, who was a being of darkness, it was his ultimate idol, his master, and it was his duty to free it. Ell would have to come to terms with its presence, for it existed much like how the Lyikos did, a hunter. While the Lyikos was born to hunt the Thel'Ghan'Che, Shade existed to purge all of existence of hope and goodness, in physical form, Shade's being would instantly snuff out the light of things like the Lyikos.Aya, uniquely, was not affected at all by its presence, but instead help stem the flow of its recovery and power.

Shade desperately tried to show it's immense strength, to delay what others would inevitably find out , there existed only a few beings that could directly combat it. Archelaus, was one, for his overwhelming power and sense of righteousness, and unending reserve of will to never bow to what is wrong, Archelaus was the ONLY being in the universe that stood any hope against Shade in any sort of direct combat. Verax, while he was capable of fighting Shade, could not fight it in the ways Archelaus could, for Verax fights with the very things Shade is. But Verac was the only being that could resist Shade in this form. Robless, Eris-Tam, Zyria, all the heroes and Dimensional Leaders stood for something that could oppose Shade, and each had talents and strengths. For while the leaders may not be the perfect being of their race, they embodied what their race stood for, what society stood for, these things are what bind Shade. Aya's particular talent was... unique. Very much so, and the one Shade feared. She would have to discover it on her own though, for one's talents are discovered as they discover themselves.

----------

Verax returned to his seat and cradled his head in his hands, his head still spinning.
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 5:34 pm

Eris-Tam's face instantly became a mask of worry, slight fear, and horror. Shade was getting closer to freedom, and the fight was getting harder for Verax with every passing moment. The fact that she had been able to actually see Shade made that completely obvious. Shade had been... hideous. It was a harsh reminder of what they faced. She wanted to stand, to go to Verax, to ask him what it was like to have Shade weighing down so completely on him... but part of her didn't dare to. As the Dreadlord fell back into his seat he looked... tired. Exhausted. Her heart extended to him in sympathy, and Tam nearly opened her mouth to speak, but her words caught in her throat and someone else started to say what she would have.

---

Aya watched the whole thing. It wasn't as surprising to her now, but she wasn't as affected by it as the others seemed to be. She felt their reactions, and the only one that surprised her was Vabin's. That was probably just because she was unaccustomed to Vabin at all. He... was disturbing. The kind of thing that you avert your eyes from out of disgust. He was dark, but he was... something else as well. Something... sick. Aya didn't like it. He had no thoughts that she could pick up, it was like... he didn't even exist. But that was mostly beside the point. Verax was her main concern here... and she realized that he was starting to get overwhelmed.

"Verax?" Aya looked at the Dreadlord, who looked disoriented next to her. She realized the expressions of Ell and of her mother, and the confused look that Kenzeron wore, so she extended her mind quietly to deliver her message instead of speaking it--Verax hadn't yet told them about Shade, so she wasn't exactly about to mention it out loud. She just barely touched the surface of Verax's mind, not wanting to delve deeper- afraid of what she might find. She surrounded it, though, to comfort him slightly, her thoughts speaking to him. "Verax... Are you... okay? Shade's getting closer, I can see that... so can Ell and Tam... be careful, Verax, please, you have to fight..." She paused, then continued, "It's... hard to fight him, isn't it? I wish I could be of more help..." But now her thoughts took on more determination. "I'll do more next time, I will! I'll try to help you fight, I'll... I'll find a way...!" The last part was expressed more as just the ideas of what she was saying, instead of fully-formed words. She did want to help. She hoped that it was obvious to Verax... Aya's spirit was in the right place, especially when it came to this...

---

Ell could barely breathe. Fear. Fear. She knew what it felt like now. She was terrified. Her body reacted in every way that it could--her heart was pounding, her breath was shallow and ragged, her body was frozen and her vision blurred even though the image of the demon-creature stayed perfectly clear. She couldn't focus. Not with that... that thing there... It... it hated her. She could feel that hate so strongly, even though she wasn't as mentally sensitive as her sister... she felt black, sickly, thorned tendrils wrap around her heart. She felt them tighten. This evil, this... Ell didn't even know the appropriate words to describe it. Even after the tendrils loosened and fell away she couldn't shake that intense fear. She just sat there, staring at Verax, watching to make sure that the demon didn't return, confused and shocked and afraid. If it did come back, she'd run. She'd run like hell and she wouldn't look back. She felt the darkness all around her. It clutched her like a black sludge, holding her where she was, suffocating and drowning and burning all at once. She wanted to leave. She wanted to leave. But she couldn't even move.
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

Verax sighed, too tired to even try responding back mentally. "Yes, Aya, it is hard to fight It. It is unimaginably taxing, having every moment spent fighting a thing that knows your every secret, your every fear, your every desire, even the ones you don't know about yourself, and exploiting them. Having every twinge of frustration be used to help free It. Yes, Aya dear, Shade is slowly eating away at me, and it is only a matter of time before I'm entirely consumed, until there is more Shade than me. At that point, this universe, life as we know it, will be torn down, thrown into so much darkness and chaos that nothing will survive. Life will be restarted in a cleansing wave of fire."

He chuckled weakly. "And I must thank you, truly. From the bottom of this shriveled, bitter heart, I thank you. Your devotion to help is all I need right now. You're doing more than enough, simply being here has eased my burden greatly. I don't even know how, but you keep Its chains strong. So, thank you. Without you, Shade would have usurped me entirely just now, your sister and mother would be dead, the entire Alteriian race would have been wiped out, and I would never be stopped. I have no other way to repay you, right now." In an instant, the black veins began to become more pronounced, his face looked as if thick black vines were growing across his face under his skin.

"The darkness that flows through me is pure, untainted, it is what gives me strength. The strength to never let it leave this body. Pure darkness is beautiful, but so sad, because it's an empty stage, where creation has yet to happen. It's so empty...... and I refuse to have this darkness flood all of life. Be it one God or an army of them, be it Fate, Destiny, or an all-mighty dancing bear or something, nothing will make me reduce this universe to nothingness. I fight...." He coughed up blood, that had splotches of black in it. "I fight, for a future of my own choice. Now then," He straightened, returning to the proud image the Dreadlord commanded. "Tam, would you mind getting Ell to sit down? And calm down, child. The only thing to fear from Shade right now is that It looks frightening. As long as your sister remains here, Shade cannot escape into the physical world. You have her to thank for not being dead." He saw Kenzeron's confused look.

"Oh? Did I by some off chance forget to inform you that I'm being slowly possessed by the Myrionith God of darkness and evil, and It wants nothing else to forcibly wipe away all hope and goodness and light in the universe, and the only way I can stop it is by conquering said universe? No? Forgive me, planning universal domination can cause such small matters to slip the mind."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 8:52 pm

Ell slowly, painstakingly unhinged herself like an old, squeaky gate that needed to be oiled. She returned reluctantly to her seat, but her entire body was still and rigid. Her eyes did not leave Verax, did not even blink or flicker over to Aya when he said what she owed to her sister. This was... too much. Ell's mind was working at hyperdrive, tearing through one thought and the next, completely unable to concentrate on any of them.

---

Aya was practically glowing under Verax's praise. She ignored her sister- served her right to be afraid, for once. Maybe she'd know what it felt like now, and would leave her alone. Well... she doubted that. And though Verax was grateful for her presence, she wanted to do more. Right now all she was doing was keeping it at bay; it wasn't moving forward, but it also wasn't moving backwards. She would have to think about this, find a way to fight it off... there was no way she would let Shade take over. She wouldn't have it. And if it did happen... she would still find a way to beat it back. Somehow.

And for a moment... Aya regretted that her father could not help her learn. He would have been able to teach her how to fight for Verax, though he wouldn't have agreed with how she'd use those powers. He was one of the strongest people she knew when it came to mental abilities, and she had so much she could learn from him... it was a shame he hated Verax so. It was a shame that she'd left, even though she needed to be here...

---

Kenzeron thought that he sort of maybe understood. Honestly he had too much on his mind to worry much about it. He was interested, though, in the fact that Verax was doing this not for himself, but for the good of the rest of the universe. It wasn't overly hard to understand... and if Kenzeron's plans went as he desired them to, then he wouldn't have to worry about Verax harming his people at all. In fact... well, Kenzeron stopped that idea before it came. It was too dangerous a thing to think about right now... he needed to focus on the plans for the Pentad. Construction on the Aegis was almost complete, but until then his fleet was still vulnerable. If his people came under attack there was nothing he could do other than fight.

With so many thoughts flying through his head, a Myrionith God of darkness and evil seemed almost trivial.
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

Male Posts : 336

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012, 11:26 am

Commander Robless opened the heavy doors to the meeting room, dressed in full combat gear rather than the normal regal officer's attire that one would bring to such a meeting. Although he physically did not let his emotions show, everyone around him could feel the tension towards the Dreadlord. Robless glared at him for a moment before spitting out his name. "Verax." With that, he took his seat in the opposite table.

Cassus trailed behind him, also wearing his own special forces military suit that rarely came off. He carried his trademark rapid-fire carbine in case the situation got nasty. As for his temperament, he was much cooler than Robless. Feeling a connection to the other Kazesqui in the room, Cassus could tell something was off. He walked next to Robless and remained standing, ready to go if there was any danger. "Something's not right, sir," the soldier said to his commander, warily. Stay on your toes."

There they waited silently for one of the others to act and for the rest of the invited group to show themselves. While Robless' eyes burned at the sight of Verax, Cassus watched patiently, scanning the others for any suspicious activity. Eris-Tam's daughters seemed the most active, Ell being extremely uncomfortable and Aya unusually friendly to Verax. He had a feeling that they weren't on good terms with each other. The silent watchman turned his attention away from them specifically and began to focus on any imminent dangers.

-~-

The Leviathan also waited patiently, concealed well from the Voyager. However, one of the crewmen in charge of the sensor arrays noted that something else had pinged them. "Someone knows we're here. Send out a scan to these coordinates." The powerful sensors switched to active scanning at about fifty-percent power to remain undetected by the Voyager.

"Looking at these designs, we've got Alteriian scouting drones on scanners--"

-~-

"--they're plotting something. Stay frosty, ground team, we might have a developing situation." Cassus received the status report from the Leviathan and silently relayed the message to Robless. He had a feeling this meeting was a bad idea to begin with, but the feelings were getting worse and worse the more he analyzed it. There were too many variables, too many things that could go horribly wrong. Still, now that they were here, all they could do was wait.
Back to top Go down
https://dimensionalchess.rpg-board.net
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012, 11:54 am

Verax could feel the hostility that the Commander had towards him. This wasn't good, at all. At this rate, the fuse that was lit by his actions would accelerate, the match he lit would ignite, and the universe would be caught up in his inferno.

"Nice to see you, too, Commander Robless. Would a simple hello be so hard?" Verax spat. As he talked, his eyes filtered between him and Cassus. What are you two planning....? Hmm.... if only I could worm myself silently into your minds, like I did with Archelaus... but that would require us to be bound by a thread, a thread of terrible fate. If only.... wait, yes!

He switched his mental attention to Aya, and calmly and gently touched her mind. Aya, if you can, I need you to find out what the good Commander and Cassus are thinking right now, undetected. If you're mental powers aren't that advanced, don't worry, but if you can, that would be invaluable help to me.

"But I digress. Commander, it has been so long! How have you been since Crenel? I trust nothing to terrible has happened?" Verax inquired coolly.

Please, things are already so complicated. I don't need you all to make it harder.... And as he thought, a small, flicker of shadow danced across him, Shade's essence being contained. Intriguing..... Verax thought. The more positive of a mood she's in, the more Aya contains It. I will remember this.

Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012, 5:21 pm

Aya's mind filled with doubt at Verax's request. Unnoticed? She didn't know... she'd never tried such a thing. She would try, though... she was afraid of what might happen if she failed, if either one of them noticed her. She wasn't sure how mentally strong they were... she was afraid that they could crush her if they wanted to. And they would want to, if they found her snooping. So she nervously extended her mind towards Cassus and the Commander, but as she did so she felt someone else's mind alongside hers, one she instantly recognized. Her mother was following her. Fear struck Aya's mind, until she realized her mother's intentions.

Tam guided Aya forward towards Cassus' mind, surrounding her and making her invisible before touching on Cassus's mind. He would have no reason to doubt any intrusion from now on, since it had been accompanied by Tam's familiar presence. Tam had delivered Aya to Cassus' mind, and now she was free, to carefully try to scout around. Aya concentrated, and...

((Robless, if you would... provide me with what she might find.))
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

Male Posts : 336

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012, 5:59 pm

Cassus felt a presence attempt to enter his mind. It was familiar, yet something was...off...about it. Whatever it was, he had to trust Tam's intentions, at least this time. You're looking for something.

The picture was falling into place in his thoughts. Tam, Verax, they seemed almost too friendly. The realization hit him. She wanted to make sure they didn't hurt the Dreadlord. Then again, what was there to hide? Despite this, he'd have to say it the right way in order to not provoke anyone in this meeting.

Robless does not seek to harm anyone, but is merely frustrated from the loss of his outpost in the tenth dimension. I do not advise getting into his mind, the Thel'ghan-che's assaults have strengthened it beyond comprehension. Neither of us mean you any harm. However, imminent danger lies ahead. I know not what it is, but be wary nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
https://dimensionalchess.rpg-board.net
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

Female Posts : 299

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2012, 3:55 am

It didn't take long for Zyria to arrive in the area of the Voyager. She'd been with Caz, researching ways to find a way to help him. It'd been so long, though, since he'd fallen into the depths of unfeeling. Zyria had to be safe about what she was planning on doing, though, so she had to research what she could, get as much regenerative liquid as she could, prepare as much as she could. What was irritating, though, was that all three of those practices were near to impossible. More of that blue goo? Where? Research something that hardly anyone knew anything about? In what way? Merely evening preparing? How in the world would she do that?

So, when the message was transmitted, Zyria was both relieved and reluctant to go.

Relieved because Zyria felt that, after a rest, she'd finally be ready. Reluctant because, well, it was Verax. Sure things were.....calm, if you could even say that. But Zyria knew how unstable Verax was, she wasn't going to take any chances.

Zeif had remained with Zyria, learning as much as he could. He thought it was to be in charge of the military, but Zyria had bigger plans.

"I'm going to go to this meeting with Verax."

"B-but, Princess, you'll risk--"

"I won't risk anything."

"...How? How can you go to the Voyager without risking anything?"

"By naming you my second heir."

"W-what?!"

"My first heir is always one of my children. But, if I am to die before having children of my own, I am able to name second heirs, those that would become the next in line. It is a dangerous risk, because out of family heirs then try to assassinate the first named heirs, but for one, I have no children for you to kill, and for two, I know you wouldn't hurt a fly that you didn't have to."

Zeif had been silent at first. "Princess....this...this is unbelievable."

"You don't have to believe it, it will be true either way." Zyria smiled, resting a hand on the boy's shoulder. "I know you could be a wonderful ruler. And if you have doubts, you do not have to become king, or, I could assign you my most trusted advisers. If....When Boggs returns, you'll also have him, too."

"B-but Princess, you're talking as though you're already dead."

"You never know, Commander."

Now, as Zyria stood in the corner of the medic room, she pressed her first two fingers to her lips, then the fingers to Caz's forehead. "I'll be back. Don't think I'll forget, I /will/ help you." She sat down a small glowing vial with a note, and turned to the pilot waiting for her. "Let's go." The two of them walked out to the take-off pad.

Arriving in the nearby Dimension, Zyria sent out a message to the Voyager. "I have arrived, as you may already know."
Back to top Go down
http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2012, 9:32 am

Aya was frustrated at what Cassus had told Tam. She withdrew from his mind quickly, though Tam remained, and sat there quietly... on the verge of attempting to touch Robless' mind despite what Cassus had said. She wanted to help Verax so badly that she really almost did, but in the end she returned her mind to Verax, silently relaying what Cassus had told Tam and herself. Then she posed a question. Sh-should I... try... to enter Robless' mind as well? I... I'm afraid... of w-what he'd do... if he realized what I... was doing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Slight Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Slight Chance
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dimensional Chess :: Roleplay :: 2nd Arc :: 14th Dimension RP-
Jump to: