Dimensional Chess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wings of Terror

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

Male Posts : 278

Wings of Terror Empty
PostSubject: Wings of Terror   Wings of Terror I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 4:59 pm

General Oswald Aseir, the Knight of One of the Dread Knights, paced within the command bridge of the Gaea, the Flagship spearheading the attack on the Somnis fleet. They were done preparing, the very fragile alliance the Myrionith Empire held with the othe Dimensions had broke with the attack on the 10th. They carried with them a small force, composed of only about 5 Reavers, 10 Mortis, about 15 Novas and Irae each, and a total of 75 Avalon and Javelins. A force to be reckoned with, but laughable compared to the Penumbra fleet. Oswald had petitioned the Dreadlord nonstop for a task, and eventually, Verax reluctantly allowed Oswald this plight. The distrust the Dreadlord had for Oswald was mutual, Oswald held no compassion for the son of the world-killer. And how was one prone to fits of insanity fit to rule anything? Oswald felt he was far better qualified than Verax was for leading the Empire to its rightful place atop the universe. But he still would bide his time.

So wrapped up in thought he was that he didn't notice Zevon step in on him. Zevon, unlike Oswald, was delighted with Verax. The two had actually been acquaintances before the fall of Escadiza, not that the Dreadlord remembered. Zevon was overjoyed to have someone he knew back, and was delighted at the job he was doing, feeling he was the one to reclaim the fallen glory of the Myrioniths. Zevon took off his helmet and let his long blond hair fall behind him. He had a cheery sort of face, one could see he smiled often, and his lightning blue eyes held no suspicion or plot, Zevon was so very.... innocent. But he wasn't smiling right now. "Oswald, we're already being hailed, being questioned. How should we respond?" Oswald slowly turned around, behind his ruby visor his eyes held contempt.

"That is General Aseir, to you, Zevon. And-" Just before he could continue in his cold voice, Zevon slung his arm around Oswald, smiling.

"Ah c'mon, no need to go all 'high-and-proper' with me! We're the same rank, remember? And, we kinda need to respond to the Empire, or-" Zevon had just been happily chatting along before Oswald awkwardly slid out and away from him.

"I will. And don't touch me. Ever. Understand?" In response Zevon poked Oswald's forehead. Oswald, without even dignified the action with any hint he had noticed it, strut over to the holo-panel towards the front of the bridge, while the rest of the command turned around and pretended not to have noticed. Oswald opened a communication with the entire Somnis fleet, delivering their threat.

"I am General Aseir of the Neo-Myrionith Empire. The Dreadlord has claimed this Dimension, all its resources and people. Surrender now or the watch your fleet and men burn. You have five minutes to comply, if you refuse, we will take no prisoners and show no mercy. You will surrender now, or you will surrender many of your lives burn away, or until there are none of you left to surrender to us. Five. Minutes." While the fleet was small, the Dreadlord also allowed Oswald and Zevon to take with them a squad of the Dragonriders. If the Somnis fleet overpowered their small force, they would come to know fear. Fear in the form of men, mounted on wings of terror.
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

Female Posts : 574

Wings of Terror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings of Terror   Wings of Terror I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 7:08 pm

General Kenzeron Redmond was not pleased. Not pleased at all.

"Daniels, get over here!" A slight man with circular glasses scurried over, a human. Kenzeron had nothing against humans, but he typically found them a little bit weak-looking; he was fully aware that many humans were completely the opposite, but his opinion was still valid.

In any case, the man scurried over and said, "Yes, sir! What is it, sir?"

"We need to leave. The evacuation of the planets is complete, yes?"

"Yes, sir! The system's inhabitants are all comfortably settled in Project C's cargo bay and evacuation bays!" Daniels nodded triumphantly.

"Good. We will wait until the last second before he attacks, should be in... about four minutes, and then we jump the fleet out. The upgrades will allow us to jump Project C without their systems detecting it preemptively. All set then? We jump out on my command."

Daniels nodded and scurried away again, but Kenzeron could feel the tension around him in the soldiers on the bridge. But Kenzeron was relaxed. There was nothing to worry about. Not yet. Now wasn't the time to fight, as ready as Ken was to do just that. So he stood there on the bridge of his ship, calm, cool, ready. Waiting like a snake, seeming harmless until just the moment before the strike.
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

Wings of Terror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings of Terror   Wings of Terror I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 8:21 pm

Oswald just stood and stared. Zevon, however, was quite curious. "Why aren't we attacking?"

"They're waiting." Oswald said without even turning around, his hands behind his back. "And the only reason they're waiting is to run, and no one runs from Verax unless they're 100% sure they can escape. Which means we're wasting our time here. Let me update them on something, this should tick them off the way we need," And he opened a comunication channel, intentionally, though it sounded like an accident, "unless it fails, and if it does, we simply shred their planet apart, take the raw materials back to the Ctaclysm, and make more ships. Whether they stay and fight or not simply determines whether they'll have anything to return to. They can't possibly fight they main fleet knowing we have one of their Empress's daughters hostage, and they won't possibly call our bluff, how could they know we only came with this flagship and the handful of fighters Verax could spare? If they run, we win, which is what I'm gambling on, Zevon." No one else in the room knew his plan, so in true awkward slow revelation, Zevon pointed out the following.

"Uh.... Oswald, you know that they can hear you, right?"

"WHAT?! Quickly, quickly, shut it off shut it-" And it cut out. "OooooffffahahAHAHAHA! Now we update the timer to say 5 minutes again. It sends the message, 'You can still surrender, even though you know our plan.'. I love this game."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

Wings of Terror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings of Terror   Wings of Terror I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 9:16 pm

Kenzeron smiled coyly. The message was planned. It was too convenient for him. Too good to be true. They were trying to fool him, and so while the rest of the crew gawked at the video screen Ken laughed out loud. Then the crew was gawking at him, and he only grinned under their gazes.

"It's a trick. Everyone, we're moving out. Engage the jump drives, initiate the Project C jump masks, and get us out of here."

All Oswald and Zevon would have seen on their sensors was the drives engaging, a flash of light, and then Somnis fleet shaped space where they had been only seconds earlier. But there was a jump signature to follow.
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

Wings of Terror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings of Terror   Wings of Terror I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 9:25 pm

"It was no trick, I'm afraid. You took the bait. Your planets are now being harvested, and Verax has Aya." The prerecorded message played for Kenzeron, and showed a small, clip, dating to just a few hours prior to the attack. It showed the Dreadlord stand up, infuriated, as a small Aya cowered in fear, tears on her face. "Thank you for your worlds." Oswald said, mockingly.

At that moment, they could sense something MASSIVE warp in, the Cataclysm, and realized, that it, with one shot, completley destroyed the planet closest to them, ad that drones weres had already been deployed, harvesting any metals and resources from the dead planet. Oswald had to grudgingly respect the Dreadlord's plan, though, personally, Oswald wanted to see ships burn. But, with a sense of duty, he turned around as the Cataclysm vanished, the duty of collection now left to Oswald. He had to give some Credit to Zero too, the anaylsis technology was far superior to anything they had ever seen before, and had enough time during their exchange to store data on the Somnis fleet and their upgrades, but still, they could not track them.

As the drones came back with their valued cargo, Oswald could only wait, wait until his wings were spread and his fire would bathe worlds in flame.
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

Wings of Terror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings of Terror   Wings of Terror I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 10:48 pm

Kenzeron and the Somnis fleet had not left. In fact, they were still in the 20th dimension, watching the empty worlds be torn apart, gathering data on the Cataclysm while the had the chance. Kenzeron, however, was occupied with something else.

"Check that video clip. Is it genuine? True video, without the seamless edges of any digital altering?"

"I... I believe it is authentic. This clip was... actually recorded, on board the Voyager."

"Dammit. Get me the Empress, in my quarters."

Kenzeron stormed to his rooms. He flung himself into the chair by his desk, and grimaced to himself. If Aya was with Verax, it was almost certainly bad news. But Ken would speak with the Empress first before drawing any conclusions. In a few moments, the screen flickered to life and displayed the Empress' face. She seemed happy to hear from him.

"Ah, Kenzeron! How are you, my friend? Enjoying command?" Her tone was curious and enthusiastic, and Ken wished he could share her attitude.

"Yes, uh--Tam, I feel I have made some significant advancements to our fleet and have started some new projects... I sent you the specifications, but you probably haven't gotten around to it, seeing as--"

"Actually I believe that the construction of the Custodian was a genius idea. And the designs... flawless. I'm very anxious to see the plans for the Aegis and the F--"

"Yes, yes... all in good time, Empress. We have something more pressing to attend to..."

Suddenly Eris-Tam went quiet. "W... what is it, Kenzeron?"

He sighed deeply, "I'm surprised you don't know. Aya, she's... been kidnapped by Verax."

And then Tam was laughing. "Oh, she's fine... she wasn't kidnapped. She left. I knew she would. Lighten up, Kenzeron! She's just fine with Verax, I know she is. He won't hurt her, and he won't be able to use her against us. Everything's fine." And then calling could heard in the background, a young and high voice calling for her mother. "Oh, Ken--could you excuse me, for just a moment? Ell's calling me, I need to go attend to her. Be back later?"

Kenzeron sighed in slight frustration and confusion, and just shook his head. "Don't worry about it, Tam. So long as your daughter is safe, that's all I needed. Goodbye, Empress."

Kenzeron clicked off the screen, and returned slowly to the bridge. He spoke loudly, so everyone could hear, but with a note of exhaustion in his voice. "Everyone, Eris-Aya is safe. We needn't worry about any threats that we may receive regarding her wellbeing. Erikson, you have the bridge. I'll be in my quarters if I am needed." And with that, he went back to the empty room. He stood by his desk for a long moment, his eyes trailing over the plans for the Somnis Pentad and landing on the picture. The picture of his wife and son, just after Ken had given him a purple stuffed rhinoceros for his fifth Christmas. Ken took the picture frame in his hands, and traced a line along his son's face and then his wife.

He fell asleep with the picture, resting face down on his chest, his hand holding it close to his heart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wings of Terror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings of Terror   Wings of Terror I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wings of Terror
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dimensional Chess :: Roleplay :: 2nd Arc :: 20th Dimension RP-
Jump to: